No announcement yet.

GS750T carb uh oh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the long fuel line is due to having to take on and off the tank sooo many times. As it is, I can take it off and set it sideways without removing.
    Here is a pic of the boo boo https://imgur.com/gallery/NOflyvJ
    1982 GS750T stock (for now)

Comment

Here you go!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

And the Boo-Boo!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

And here's how my "T's" fuel tube sits...

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Hi Mr Steve. Just checking to see if you happened to have a #1 carb for an 82 GS750T. Would that be a BS32SS? Where would I find the carb size?

Comment

All GS carb specs here.

found on BikeCliffs Website.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                Here you go!

Ed

Nice bike ! Love that color scheme ...
                Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
                VM Carb rebuild tutorial
                Bikecliff's website
                The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

Thanks Ed.
                  The more I tune (aka tinker ), I have noticed that when I really takeoff, at about 4K rpm it kind of sputters. It’s not a real huge loss of power like a bog, but more like sputter. If I let off the gas at that point it seems to be running normal.
                  Does this mean that I have a lean condition at mid-range or is it rich?
                  If it is either one, would I need to move the jet needle clip up or down to fix that sputter?

Comment

Good morning!

I’m fixin’ to go to the beach early today and surf.

Someone more knowledge will be along to answer your question...hopefully.

Enjoy your Sunday...and thanks for posting on “T-Nation” thread.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Did you do your research on that link provided by Rich?

Here's my beach pic from today!

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I checked the link. According to that info, the carbs on an 82 GS750T are BS32SS. So I guess as long as my carbs are original (I think they are), that’s what I have.

Comment

Just an update...
                          Well a while back, I had bought and installed carb kits. They were the factory spec jets (112.5 main). Of course I had other issues (including that bad one with the broken easy out in the pilot jet, ouch!). Even with that, I got it running well, but it would sputter at midrange. I shimmed the needle with a washer (found that there was already one washer there), but no change. Still the same sputter at midrange. So, I cleaned up the old main jets (114) and air jets that were in the carbs before and stuck them back in. That did the trick! No more sputter! So it seems the main jet needed to be bigger.
                          I still have the #1 carb with the easy out stuck in the pilot. But even still, it is running good. But what if??

Comment

Did you get in contact with Steve about the #1 carb?

This seems to weigh heavy on your heart...get a replacement and be done with it.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                            X