1983 GS650G Decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 GS650G Decals

hi guys i have a doubt, i want to respray my bike and now i need to make models of the decals, i been searching the web for decal sets with no luck, the issue is that in my search i come across with two different models:
    875B0D98-CB25-4B76-812D-9F9E206D1DFB.jpg

The first is one, only have gold decals and the second (my bike) has orange an red decals, so i was wondering why is there 2 types of decals and is there a difference in bike trim or something like this?
    1983 Suzuki GS650G (New to me)
    2011 Vespa 300 GTS ("Wifes Bike")
    1986 Yamaha GT80 (From New in middle of restoration)
    1970 Honda SupreCub 90 (Future project, maybe to electric)
    2017 KTM Duke 200 (From New) (Recently Sold)

It looks like there were different paint jobs per the same year.

you can have a look at
    ✓ Official Suzuki parts list ✓ Easy repairs with OEM diagrams ✓ Free acccess to parts fiches for Suzuki GS650GT 1983 (D) (E01 E02 E04 E06)

which is for the USA model

one of the first pages has the colours for the year, including the "tapes" being "Sunday Orange","Pure Red", and "Gold"
    In Bolivia, perhaps you had the other "Euro"? version but both show the same "tapes" in the colour chart

as to which goes on your bike per the colour of the bike, you can look for Pictures on your search engine- it's usually a separate tab- AND/OR have a look here:
    The picture here shows orange tape on a black bike....
    All Suzuki Motorcycles Ever Built

Comment

If you want to break down and buy a decal set, you can check out http://bdesigns.ca/. He has done up sets for our Canadian '83 650G for at least two members on here, including me. That is, the colour scheme with Orange and Red stripes. I'm sure he could do something for you.
      '83 GS650G
      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
        If you want to break down and buy a decal set, you can check out http://bdesigns.ca/. He has done up sets for our Canadian '83 650G for at least two members on here, including me. That is, the colour scheme with Orange and Red stripes. I'm sure he could do something for you.
        Nice, and a Canadian source too! I'm thinking of repainting my '82 GS650G this winter, but not the traditional burgundy/red or black. I'm thinking British Racing Green, so I would need decals that would look okay in this colour.
        1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

They should be taking measurements and pictures of the old decals before stripping the body parts.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post

Also in Canada is Diablo cycles who offers a ton of graphic sets for GS's..

Comment

Working...
            X