Believer in Ultrasonic cleaners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believer in Ultrasonic cleaners

With the restoration project of my 1981 GS850G underway, I figured I'd buy an ultrasonic cleaner to help make sense of 40 years of dirt and grime on this thing. It was pretty well maintained, but still needs some TLC.

I've replaced the stator (OEM) and the R/R (Roadster Cycle) and decided to tackle the carbs. I cannot thank the Ed Ness and John Bloemer write-ups enough. I've worked on car carbs, but never motorcycles. The first carb was a little scary (SO MANY TINY PIECES) but I made sure I used proper fitting screw drivers, and did them one by one and kept the parts separate.

Then went the dip into the ultrasonic cleaner (picked up a 15L one off of eBay for $200). They came out AMAZING. There was a little scrubbing that had to be done where some old gasket remnants were stuck on, and a nook on the #1 carb where the fuel or vent line would be on the other carbs. Put them in 60C water with about 8oz of Simple Green Airplane Cleaner and let it go for 30 minutes. I was shocked at how simple it was.

image-20200806_175855 (Large).jpg

I was trying to get a well edited video of the whole process, but my camera's autofocus ended up not playing nice and its all pretty blurry. DO NOT FRET! I have my other GS850G and I promise to get the gear and get a video together.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

I used one recently to clean some antuique clocks
    amazing what it does with jewelry solution

whats more amazing it that it can clean with plain water.
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Working...
    X