Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Seen any good movies lately?

cowboyup3371 is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    Do NOT watch Wonder Woman 1984. You’re welcome. I like superhero movies, even silly ones like Thor Ragnorak and Aquaman. But WW 1984 was just awful.
    Sorry but there is only ONE Wonder Woman - Lynda Carter and yes I watched the remake with the kids.

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

We like watching the old WW TV series w/ Lynda Carter, the original and the best. It's on HBO Max.
    Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 02-20-2021 at 03:03 PM.

Baatfam is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Bringing this back...LOL....

"Coming to America 2" was available to watch, but it turned out my wife had never seen the first, "Coming to America."
    So last night we watched the original from '88, which I haven't seen in years.

It held up well, my wife laughed a lot, good times. Now we can watch the second one.
    Bob T.

"That which you manifest is before you." -- Enzo
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling
    "...for our existence to hold any value, it must end. To live meaningful lives, we must die and not return." -- Number Six

'83 GS1100E ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '99 TRIUMPH TROPHY 900 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Bob, let us know if CtA2 is any good. I’m gonna have to find the original to watch. I used to be a big fan of Eddie Murphy. Arsenio Hall, not so much. But the two together were very funny together.

I know this movie won't resonate with a lot of you but, what the hell. I have a six year old so I end up watching a lot more Disney movies than I care to admit.

We watched the new Disney film Raya and the Last Dragon last weekend, and then again last night. It's actually pretty good.
    If you have kiddos, nieces, nephews, grandkids, six years old and up I highly recommend it.

Last edited by RustyTank; 03-13-2021 at 05:23 PM.
    1979 GS850G, currently being rebuilt from the frame up. We shall see how that go's
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time" - Leo Tolstoy
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde
    "Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are" - Harold S. Kushner

Burque73 is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

My son and grandson were just talking about Raya. We enjoy the animated stuff even without the kids here, maybe we'll check it out. Thanks.

Oh, earlier in this thread the film Hidden Figures was mentioned. Saw it the other night and really enjoyed it.
    Roger

1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A

Quote Originally Posted by Burque73 View Post
    My son and grandson were just talking about Raya. We enjoy the animated stuff even without the kids here, maybe we'll check it out. Thanks.
    You bet Burque. I have my critiques about the movie but it's all just nit-picky BS. The animation is incredible though, seems to get better and better every couple years. FYI, Disney is currently charging an ungodly amount to watch the film. I think it'll be available to all Disney Plus subscribers in June.
    1979 GS850G, currently being rebuilt from the frame up. We shall see how that go's
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time" - Leo Tolstoy
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde
    "Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are" - Harold S. Kushner

HBO (or SHO?) is playing Dr. Strangelove this month, one of the greatest movies of all time. I've been looking at some stills from the pie fight ending (edited out). I'm wondering if anyone has seen film of this scene?
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Baatfam is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    Bob, let us know if CtA2 is any good. I’m gonna have to find the original to watch. I used to be a big fan of Eddie Murphy. Arsenio Hall, not so much. But the two together were very funny together.
    If you liked the first one, the sequel works pretty good.
    A little slow in the middle, and not much of "America," but still funny.
    Plenty of callbacks from the first one, and just about everyone is there, yet 30 years older.
    Bob T.

"That which you manifest is before you." -- Enzo
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling
    "...for our existence to hold any value, it must end. To live meaningful lives, we must die and not return." -- Number Six

'83 GS1100E ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '99 TRIUMPH TROPHY 900 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Watched CtA last night. It was as funny as I remembered. Maybe watch part 2 tonight