Seen any good movies lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    Do NOT watch Wonder Woman 1984. You’re welcome. I like superhero movies, even silly ones like Thor Ragnorak and Aquaman. But WW 1984 was just awful.
    Sorry but there is only ONE Wonder Woman - Lynda Carter and yes I watched the remake with the kids.
    sigpic
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

We like watching the old WW TV series w/ Lynda Carter, the original and the best. It's on HBO Max.
      Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 02-20-2021, 03:03 PM.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Bringing this back...LOL....

"Coming to America 2" was available to watch, but it turned out my wife had never seen the first, "Coming to America."
        So last night we watched the original from '88, which I haven't seen in years.

It held up well, my wife laughed a lot, good times. Now we can watch the second one.
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Bob, let us know if CtA2 is any good. I’m gonna have to find the original to watch. I used to be a big fan of Eddie Murphy. Arsenio Hall, not so much. But the two together were very funny together.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

I know this movie won't resonate with a lot of you but, what the hell. I have a six year old so I end up watching a lot more Disney movies than I care to admit.

We watched the new Disney film Raya and the Last Dragon last weekend, and then again last night. It's actually pretty good.
            If you have kiddos, nieces, nephews, grandkids, six years old and up I highly recommend it.

Last edited by RustyTank; 03-13-2021, 05:23 PM.
            Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
            1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

My son and grandson were just talking about Raya. We enjoy the animated stuff even without the kids here, maybe we'll check it out. Thanks.

Oh, earlier in this thread the film Hidden Figures was mentioned. Saw it the other night and really enjoyed it.
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                My son and grandson were just talking about Raya. We enjoy the animated stuff even without the kids here, maybe we'll check it out. Thanks.
                You bet Burque. I have my critiques about the movie but it's all just nit-picky BS. The animation is incredible though, seems to get better and better every couple years. FYI, Disney is currently charging an ungodly amount to watch the film. I think it'll be available to all Disney Plus subscribers in June.
                Ryan

Comment

HBO (or SHO?) is playing Dr. Strangelove this month, one of the greatest movies of all time. I've been looking at some stills from the pie fight ending (edited out). I'm wondering if anyone has seen film of this scene?
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                    Bob, let us know if CtA2 is any good. I’m gonna have to find the original to watch. I used to be a big fan of Eddie Murphy. Arsenio Hall, not so much. But the two together were very funny together.
                    If you liked the first one, the sequel works pretty good.
                    A little slow in the middle, and not much of "America," but still funny.
                    Plenty of callbacks from the first one, and just about everyone is there, yet 30 years older.
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Watched CtA last night. It was as funny as I remembered. Maybe watch part 2 tonight
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Just watched the original "My Cousin Vinny", & really enjoyed it. I'd forgot how much the cussin' added this film, I'm usually not a big fan of the cussin' but this one is way yonder better than the TV (edited) version. Many movies like "On Golden Pond", the cussin' seems a drawback but this one is different. Just my opinion
                        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                          Just watched the original "My Cousin Vinny", & really enjoyed it. I'd forgot how much the cussin' added this film, I'm usually not a big fan of the cussin' but this one is way yonder better than the TV (edited) version. Many movies like "On Golden Pond", the cussin' seems a drawback but this one is different. Just my opinion
                          Thank you for reminding me of On Golden Pond. It's been decades since I've watched that film.
                          Ryan

Comment

I recently watched Bad Times at the El Royale. thumbs up

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                              I recently watched Bad Times at the El Royale. thumbs up
                              I liked that a lot too. Very original, great characters, Jeff Bridges was great, as always. The Dude, even as a fake priest, does abide.
                              Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Man, that one slipped past me. I loved the trailers for it, then lost track of its opening date. Need to go find it.

Nomadland is a good watch, too. I could watch McDormand in pretty much anything, but this film is damned fine.
                                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X