No announcement yet.

Seen any good movies lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frances McDormand is one of my favorites. Three Bilboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri was fantastic. And, of course, there's Fargo. I will look for Nomadland.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
      Man, that one slipped past me. I loved the trailers for it, then lost track of its opening date. Need to go find it.

Nomadland is a good watch, too. I could watch McDormand in pretty much anything, but this film is damned fine.
      +1
      See ya down the road.........
      97 R1100R
      Previous
      80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
        +1
        See ya down the road.........
        +2....thought it was excellent.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

It was a rainy weekend and I didn't feel like doing much which may have contributed to me actually sitting down long enough to watch anything as long as a movie.

But I went to the grocery store Sunday, got some things came home it was downpouring out and started watching some channel and this came on and I watched the whole thing, which I haven't done for quite some time.

Must have been in the mood for it? starring Peter Fonda, Warren Oates, Loretta Swit, and Lara Parker

Last edited by trent; 03-15-2021, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Nomadland just won a BAFTA
            The drama wins four prizes including best film, while Promising Young Woman wins best British film.
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

It's a great movie.

I had a fun week of simple films: Boss Level and Nobody. I love a gratuitously violent action film with a sense of humor.
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Sometimes the wife and I will flip through the offerings in the various streaming services and pick a film purely because it received a bunch of stars. Deep in the bowels of Amazon Prime video, you find some really weird stuff. I’m not saying either of the films below are great, but they certainly are something.

I won’t say”enjoy”, because I’m not sure I did, anyway, view at your own risk.

the first is Whicker Man, 1973

which lead to us watching Midsommar
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                  +2....thought it was excellent.
                  The gray headed guy at the end of the trailer is Bob Wells, I have met him. I have helped him with electrical/electronics/solar at no charge for him and his followers. Great guy, he keeps trying to talk me into living like he does. No not for me.

I recently re watched El Camino, great movie if you liked Breaking Bad.
                  1981 GS1100E
                  1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

Citizen Kane.
                    What prompted me to watch it again was a story that appeared on the internet a few days back about a lost critic report from the opening night which was negative and went along the lines of, would you ever let a bit of daylight in.
                    The interesting bit was that within days of the discovery of this review, Citizen Kane went from the one hundred percent best rotten tomato ever to a paltry eighty three percent rotten.
                    Ironically there is a funny symmetry between that tomato spasm and the night in 1938 when Welles sent the nation into a tailspin with a radio show about green men.
                    As for Kane. What can you say. You have to wonder how much Brando was influenced by him. Bald Brando in Apocalypse is fine but bald Welles looks like an unfashionable swimming cap.
                    97 R1100R
                    Previous
                    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

NOBODY

On Demand Nowhttps://www.nobody.movieSometimes the man you don’t notice is the most dangerous of all. Emmy winner Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul, The Post, N...

If you liked any of the John Wick movies, then you have to see this one!
                      Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
                      "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
                      1982 GS1100E
                      1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

I'm just now starting to watch 'Nowhere Boy' ,it's a movie about the Beatles especially John Lennon:I borrowed it from my local(limited hours during this Pandemic)library,it's Blu-ray.

Comment

We saw a movie in an actual theater over the weekend. The whole experience was rather surreal. Pulling into the parking lot, only two of the twenty rows had cars in them. Masks were optional and only a couple of people wore them. The ticket counter was closed so everythng was run through the concession stand. Concessions were basically the same hot dogs, nachos, popcorn and candy, we got one of each and an enormous cup of sugar water to share. Walking into the auditorium was more like a tuesday matinee than 7pm Saturday night. Nobody in our row but us. In fact, maybe 20 seats filled in the whole place.

About the movie. We saw Disney's Cruella. Best thing about that movie was the soundtrack. Outstanding! I had forgotten how loud theaters are. Sure wished I had at least cotton balls for my ears. Geting old I guess...

Overall, the movie was enjoyable. One resounding trend in their movies lately is that their villians are a lot less villianous.
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I really enjoyed Cruella. It hit all the right buttons for a new Disney film for me. I am a huge fan of both Emma Thompson and Emma Stone. Did that movie not have a f-ing GREAT soundtrack?
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

One to avoid is the newest in The Conjuring franchise. I really enjoyed the first couple, but it's been a trash avalanche ever since. Maybe I should blame the devil for making me watch that dungheap.
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

I can tell you what not to see. Pink Flamingos.
                                NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
                                Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Working...
                                X