Seen any good movies lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    Let me add, I did take note of your suggestions. My wife does enjoy horror films, as long as there are no snakes, LOL.

And I really suggest you give Ted Lasso a go. First season is gold, and the second is very good so far. Episode 3 tonight.
    Binged on season two of Ted Lasso catching up to the episodes I missed this morning, time well spent.

Roy Kent(Roy Keane) my favourite character. His work as a football pundit was hilarious.
    1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

I watched a movie called Jolt last week, it was pretty good.
      1981 GS1100E
      1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

I liked this on a lot.
        Quigley down Under. Tom Selleck (free on YouTube)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
          I liked this on a lot.
          Quigley down Under. Tom Selleck (free on YouTube)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khh2...=YouTubeMovies

My wife and I watched that one a couple of months ago. Agreed, it was quite enjoyable.
          "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
          Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

I know I've started this thread to talk about movies, but the production values, stories, and acting of many of the series, or what we used to call TV shows, put out by some of the streaming services rivals or surpasses some of the best movies.

After a bit of a break from it, I'm getting back into "The Expanse" on Amazon Prime Video, Currently in the middle of season 4, and it looks like they're going to be doing a season 6.

If you like space dramas, this one is better than most. Certainly up there on my list at least along side of and maybe better than Battlestar Galactica 2004-2009.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Our house...
              Wife: What are we going to watch tonight?
              Me: The best science fiction tv show ever made.
              Wife: Ah, The Expanse...cool!
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                Our house...
                Wife: What are we going to watch tonight?
                Me: The best science fiction tv show ever made.
                Wife: Ah, The Expanse...cool!
                Never heard of the show until now... Just watched the trailer and am currently downloading season one.... Thanks ....
                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                  I know I've started this thread to talk about movies, but the production values, stories, and acting of many of the series, or what we used to call TV shows, put out by some of the streaming services rivals or surpasses some of the best movies.

After a bit of a break from it, I'm getting back into "The Expanse" on Amazon Prime Video, Currently in the middle of season 4, and it looks like they're going to be doing a season 6.

If you like space dramas, this one is better than most. Certainly up there on my list at least along side of and maybe better than Battlestar Galactica 2004-2009.
                  After downloading Season Five, I finally got around to watching it on a decent screen.
                  I was underwhelmed, especially after being blown away by the previous seasons.
                  Twas not the acting or the sets or FX, it was the decision by someone in the production team to get away from mad chases through space and do more on character plotlines. Shoot, the only reason I was hooked on it was the very good way mad chases in space / time / weird aliens were done.

Reminds me, I need to re-download BG in proper HD, as when I got hold it it before, 720p was acceptable on what I was watching it on.
                  ---- Dave
                  79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                  80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                  79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                  92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Dave, I don't know if you have the Peacock App in your market. That's where I re-watched BG about a year or more ago. IIRC, there were commercials.
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Been watching a netflix original series called Ragnarok. I've enjoyed how they reimagined Norse mythology and applied it to current day life. If you don't mind the dubbed voices it's a pretty cool story.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

The Expanse truly is the best space opera ever done. I am looking forward to season 6.

I will admit to a recent penchant for the animated Harley Quinn show on HBO. Possibly the most ribald cartoon since Fritz the Cat, but with some real thematic depth.
                        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Just enjoyed the first episode of Harley Quinn. Thanks for that And speaking of animation, I’ve also been digging Invincible on Prime. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that much blood in a cartoon, even in the most violent anime.
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                            After downloading Season Five, I finally got around to watching it on a decent screen.
                            I was underwhelmed, especially after being blown away by the previous seasons.
                            Twas not the acting or the sets or FX, it was the decision by someone in the production team to get away from mad chases through space and do more on character plotlines. Shoot, the only reason I was hooked on it was the very good way mad chases in space / time / weird aliens were done.
                            I _loved_ the first three seasons of The Expanse but agree with your take on the most recent seasons. They went too far away from what made the earlier ones interesting. I'm reading the books now (just finished the second) and they are pretty good, though the writing in the first one was a little wooden. Avasarala is one of my favorite characters in the show, but she's even better in the books. The social and political tension between Earth, Mars, and The Belt was a little overdone in the show, I think. At least it's believable.

Looking forward to the final season, whenever that is. Too bad they had to unceremoniously kill Alex just because his actor was a douchebag.

Unrelated, and actually a TV show, but I recently stumbled across Loudermilk on Amazon Prime. It's a pretty fun comedy starring the dude from Office Space.
                            Charles
                            --
                            1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post

Looking forward to the final season, whenever that is. Too bad they had to unceremoniously kill Alex just because his actor was a douchebag.
                              Yeah, that came as a surprise, but I didn't know the real-life backstory. Pity, really; looks like he flushed his career down the toilet.
                              ---- Dave
                              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I may have already mentioned this one, but Blood Red Sky is a solid vampire film with 30 Days of Night vampire style-and a pretty cool level of heart.
                                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X