Seen any good movies lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
    Craig has said this is his last Bond film. Even if he is sincere, I believe at some point he will be made an offer he can't refuse.
    Reading some of what he is reported to have said about Knives Out and Benoit Blanc, I get the feeling that like many artists he is hungry for a change in direction and to explore new possibilities rather than ride the gravy train.
    97 R1100R
    Previous
    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Here's some location shots of the second units filming bike/car stunts on location for the new Bond Film, No Time to Die.

Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Dune, version #3

Soon to be released, but who knows how good it'll be, how it'll compare to earlier versions.
        How disgusting will the Harkonnen be?
        How much rote animation will be saturated in scenes?
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
          Soon to be released, but who knows how good it'll be, how it'll compare to earlier versions.
          I am hopeful, but not optimistic. Such a wonderful book, but so hard to translate to film.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Craig has said this is his last Bond film. Even if he is sincere, I believe at some point he will be made an offer he can't refuse.
            No. He's done, Rob. In fact, other than Connery, whose pull as the first big name Bond allowed Never Say Never Again to come to pass, Bonds have a shelf life that begins with someone in their mid to late 30's or early 40's and ends in their mid to late 50's. You just don't (and won't) see a geriatric Bond.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
              I watched a short documentary on the making of this film, and it truly looks to be impressive. The filmmakers seem to have understood how important getting the scale of the story represented is, and how critical it is to have the right actors play the lead roles in each faction. I'll definitely be seeing it.
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

And now for something completely different: House of Gucci looks like it's going to be incredible. I love Ridley Scott films in general, and the cast on this one is amazing.
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Helpful refresher/summary of the book; Dune

Watch this only if you already know the trials and outcome.
                  Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 10-11-2021, 05:50 PM.
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                    No. He's done, Rob. In fact, other than Connery, whose pull as the first big name Bond allowed Never Say Never Again to come to pass, Bonds have a shelf life that begins with someone in their mid to late 30's or early 40's and ends in their mid to late 50's. You just don't (and won't) see a geriatric Bond.
                    And Al Pacino says he wishes he hadn't been offered so much for Godfather III because it should never have been made. In fact, he says the same thing about part II.
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

And Al Pacino says he wishes he hadn't been offered so much for Godfather III because it should never have been made. In fact, he says the same thing about part II.
                      I think you're deliberately missing the historical point. In fact, Connery was only 52 in Never Say Never Again. Audiences do not want a geezer Bond. The next one should be Idris Elba, but since he has already begged off, I say it should be someone like Chiwetel Ejiofor.
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

I think you're deliberately missing the historical point. In fact, Connery was only 52 in Never Say Never Again. Audiences do not want a geezer Bond. The next one should be Idris Elba, but since he has already begged off, I say it should be someone like Chiwetel Ejiofor.
                        As the most popular Bond in the post-Connery era, we'll see if he can resist the money in 7 years.
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

As suggested above (and by movies he's been doing lately), I think the writing is on the wall that he's done with Bond. Knives Out 2 is coming, as is a different Bond. Logan Lucky, by the way, is a fun Craig outing. Much like Dave Bautista, I think Craig is looking to diversify his roles and to reduce the physicality of them as he ages. Smart fellas.
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Elba said he'd love to do a bond film but he's too busy with other projects at this time, so it's not a hard no. His physical presence is such that he can pull it off even at 49 and another decade more.
                            1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                              John wick was good!
                              Kate for a female version of John Wick. It was entertaining in John Wick style, gratuitous violence high kill count.
                              1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
                                Elba said he'd love to do a bond film but he's too busy with other projects at this time, so it's not a hard no. His physical presence is such that he can pull it off even at 49 and another decade more.
                                I think he may end up missing out. James Bond has to be of a certain age, and even hearty and hale stars such as Connery and Craig bow out due to age and public perception. It's not like a KISS tour.
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X