Seen any good movies lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some old movies I particurly liked

I like to find good old movies I haven't seen before.
    Here's some trailers of a few good ones I found this year:

Couldn't find a trailer for this one, so Svengoolie will explain it.

"Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
      I watched a short documentary on the making of this film, and it truly looks to be impressive. The filmmakers seem to have understood how important getting the scale of the story represented is, and how critical it is to have the right actors play the lead roles in each faction. I'll definitely be seeing it.
      Back to Dune....Just read this and I am getting a little excited. Maybe the full theater experience.

The Man Who Finally Made a ‘Dune’ That Fans Will Love
      Earlier this summer, sitting in a London cinema for a screening of Denis Villeneuve’s hugely anticipated, pandemic-delayed adaptation of Frank Herbert’s classic sci-fi novel “Dune,”...

Afterward, I walked along empty streets with my head full of deserts and burning date palms, vast ships, monstrous sandworms and a sense of wonderment that the book’s visions had been so exquisitely realized.

Josh Brolin, who plays the warrior-minstrel Gurney Halleck in the movie, took a lifelong “Dune”-fan friend to a screening in New York, and at the end of the movie the friend started screaming: “That was it! That was it! That’s what I saw! That’s what I saw when I was a kid!”
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Yeah! It seems to have found a way through at long last.

I watched this wild Finnish bit of fun this week:

Not quite Troll Hunter quality, but zany black humor from the north.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Yeah! It seems to have found a way through at long last.

I watched this wild Finnish bit of fun this week:

Not quite Troll Hunter quality, but zany black humor from the north.
          Don't know if I posted this one before, but I absolutely loved Rare Exports. Stumbled across it on one of the streaming services a few years ago. Can't seem to find it now. Certainly is a refreshing change from the Hollywood stuff. Might just be my favorite Christmas/Horror/Comedy film.
          Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 10-14-2021, 11:09 AM.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

slumdog millionaire.

if it was about TV series id say Lost, makes a better series when you understand whats happened already.
            Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
            1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
              Back to Dune....Just read this and I am getting a little excited. Maybe the full theater experience.

The Man Who Finally Made a ‘Dune’ That Fans Will Love
              Us too Bob, back to a real theatre after nearly 2 years - it's going to be fracking ace!
              -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                Don't know if I posted this one before, but I absolutely loved Rare Exports. Stumbled across it on one of the streaming services a few years ago. Can't seem to find it now. Certainly is a refreshing change from the Hollywood stuff. Might just be my favorite Christmas/Horror/Comedy film.
                It's on Hulu currently.
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

It's on Hulu currently.
                  Huh, yes it is. I swear I searched there earlier. Blaming my fat thumbs and tiny phone.
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                  Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                    Us too Bob, back to a real theatre after nearly 2 years - it's going to be fracking ace!
                    I'm too devoted a cinema geek to have waited this long. As soon as I was vaccinated, I was watching films on the big screen when the cinemas reopened.
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Oh yes, I am in.....

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I'm too devoted a cinema geek to have waited this long. As soon as I was vaccinated, I was watching films on the big screen when the cinemas reopened.
                        The wife didn't want anything to do with it, we have a significant free-dumb issue around these parts.
                        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Sunny AZ has that same need for free-dumb. Thankfully, the theaters required masks and operated at 25% capacity.
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Dune looks to have a lot characters to squeeze into one movie even at two hours and 35 minutes running time. I would for sure want to make a bathroom stop before taking my seat.
                            Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                            80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              Oh yes, I am in.....

Bob, do you have a Crysknife knife in your collection?
                              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Beatles; by Disney

Another Abby Road movie, I might have to go see this.

Comment

Working...
                                X