Seen any good movies lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ptegsotic View Post
    sigh ... "I 'like' one more than the other, or like them both equally, has nothing to do with McCartney's point.
    He's talking musical construct.
    ok, you don't play musical instruments. I get it.
    enjoy
    McCartney's point? I didn't even read a McCartney quote.
    As I said, I was responding to Pilot's post, and only Pilot's post.
    And yes, I can play piano and flute...whatever that has to do with anything...

Are you trying to confuse me on purpose? Trust me, it ain't hard to do...
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
      I honestly have no idea who, or what, you are talking about. My response was to Pilot's post, and nothing more.
      Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
      McCartney's point? I didn't even read a McCartney quote.
      oh ok. now I get it.
      I was addressing his quote directly.
      carry on.
      1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
        I like Beatles and Stones equally.
        I give first place (God status) equally to Beatles and Hendrix. Stones come in second. (With Dead, Airplane, Who, etc.)

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
        Macca throwin shade this week getting coverage in media.
        Macca=McCartney? What did he say? (About John breaking up the Beatles, that quote?)

And BTW, desert island with one Beatles album? White album is a no-brainier, as it was their only double album. (I don't count 'Beatles albums' released after 1970.)
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

the Dead!??? Airplane ???
          NO SOUP FOR YOU!!
          that's it. I'm out. lol

(Macca's quote was pointing out that the chord progressions (in general) in Beatles songs run rings around the simple blues-based Stones. that's all)

pps desert island with one album ... 'The Wild, The Innocent, and The E-Street Shuffle'
          Last edited by ptegsotic; 10-17-2021, 12:27 PM.
          1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by ptegsotic View Post
            the Dead!??? Airplane ???
            NO SOUP FOR YOU!!
            that's it. I'm out. lol

(Macca's quote was pointing out that the chord progressions (in general) in Beatles songs run rings around the simple blues-based Stones. that's all)

pps desert island with one album ... 'The Wild, The Innocent, and The E-Street Shuffle'
            But Northern California! Isn't that where the wind blows against the empire?

Bruce S.? I like certain of his songs. And I have to acknowledge what he said when I saw him at Madison Square Garden on December 10, 1980 ("If it wasn't for John Lennon, I wouldn't be standing here today.")

But I feel like the Dude reacting to the Eagles. The 'Boss' may have some toe-tappers, but not in my car.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Fellas, fellas, you guys want to debate Stones vs. Beatles, start your own thread.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                Fellas, fellas, you guys want to debate Stones vs. Beatles, start your own thread.
                yea, 'cause this forum is just overflowing with content/activity. lol
                1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                  But Northern California! Isn't that where the wind blows against the empire?

Bruce S.? I like certain of his songs. And I have to acknowledge what he said when I saw him at Madison Square Garden on December 10, 1980 ("If it wasn't for John Lennon, I wouldn't be standing here today.")

But I feel like the Dude reacting to the Eagles. The 'Boss' may have some toe-tappers, but not in my car.
                  I hear you loud and clear ... it's just that it's a unique album that incorporates all kinds of musical genres. Not to be repeated unfortunately. but I hear you

(most have not even heard of this least-selling album)
                  1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

It gives me a chuckle to see all you kids fussing over Beatles vs. Stones. The truth is it was all downhill after Buddy Holly died.
                    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                    80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                      It gives me a chuckle to see all you kids fussing over Beatles vs. Stones. The truth is it was all downhill after Buddy Holly died.
                      Buddy Who??????
                      1983 GS 550 LD
                      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

I did try to steer it back to movies a while back, but ...
                        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

I just learned that Gary Busey actually played and sang in The Buddy Holly Story.

Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                            I just learned that Gary Busey actually played and sang in The Buddy Holly Story.

yea, great performance!
                            I don't know if Holly was that 'quirky' ... but made for good film.
                            1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post

I did try to steer it back to movies a while back, but ...
                              LOL! love it
                              1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Was there ever a movie made about Chuck Berry?
                                ---- Dave
                                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                                X