No announcement yet.

Seen any good movies lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing here in a few hours is 1934's Babes in Toyland, this year they're calling it March of the Wooden Soldiers, Laurel and Hardy. Good for toddlers.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
      We just finished watching, "Don' Look Up," new on Netflix. Gotta say, pretty darn good.
      Very dark, and very funny, and absolutely not, a Christmas movie.
      Forgot the preview....
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Just watched "Home Alone". Laughed quite a bit!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Saw Spider-Man: No Way Home. It is the best Spider-Man movie made to date, and there have been some great ones.

Also saw the new Matrix, which I really liked. Both a send-up and an homage, it has heart that so suits Reeves (who has to be the best human in Hollywood).
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Recently watched 8-Bit Christmas with the family. It was a lotta fun.

Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
            1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Originally posted by RustyTank View Post
              Recently watched 8-Bit Christmas with the family. It was a lotta fun.

That was a fun little movie. It certainly contains nods to A Christmas Story and Princess Bride, with a good dollop of the 80's love that makes Stranger Things so heartfilled.
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

I was on a movie watching binge. First was Farris Bueller's Day Off. Then "Top Gun", "Sideways" (I love that movie). Yesterday, was "Hang them High" with Clint Eastwood, then "Blood in Blood out" a movie about prison gangs in San Quinton... It was nice to stay in my Pajamas all day.
                My Motorcycles:
                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)
                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I have never been a TV/Movie watcher......until the pandemic. Kind of funny, when people reference popular movies and have no idea what they are talking about.

Not a movie, but I am watching Money Heist on Netflix......decent. I have always considered TV too much of a commitment, I guess I am changing a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                    I was on a movie watching binge. First was Farris Bueller's Day Off. Then "Top Gun", "Sideways" (I love that movie). Yesterday, was "Hang them High" with Clint Eastwood, then "Blood in Blood out" a movie about prison gangs in San Quinton... It was nice to stay in my Pajamas all day.
                    I haven't seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off in years. One of my all time favorites. I remember watching it multiple times in a day at the theater just hanging around till the next showing. Even had the Carlton Brother's Mortuary recording as my outgoing message on the answering machine at home.
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I watched my favorite Christmass movie: The Lion in Winter. (restored)
                      Such a dysfunctional family, humanity takes millions of years to evolve. This takes place in 1183 Anno Domini. It was filmed in 1968 Common Era
                      Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 12-27-2021, 11:56 AM.
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Can't let this thread get away....Merry Christmas...

We just finished watching, "Don' Look Up," new on Netflix. Gotta say, pretty darn good.
                        Very dark, and very funny, and absolutely not, a Christmas movie.
                        Don't know what the point was. First, it's impossible not to see the protagonists as Leonard and Penny.
                        Second, the movie seems to fall victim to it's own premise.
                        Perhaps in time it will be seen by academe as Beckettesque as the layers are unravelled and it sums to more than the maker ever intended?
                        97 R1100R
                        Previous
                        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation does it for my adult children and me. Cousin Ed is a real piece of work. "Merry Christmas, sh!tter's full".
                          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
                            Don't know what the point was. First, it's impossible not to see the protagonists as Leonard and Penny.
                            Second, the movie seems to fall victim to it's own premise.
                            Perhaps in time it will be seen by academe as Beckettesque as the layers are unravelled and it sums to more than the maker ever intended?
                            I really don't understand much of what you are saying....? My fault, I am sure.

To me, it was a decent Netflix black comedy, with a couple of good performances from veteran actors. I laughed, I cringed.
                            Clearly a satire on modern times, but mostly taken from the 2012, Ben H. Winters classic trilogy, "The Last Policeman," especially the ending, which goes against normal movie solutions. (In a way I like)

Comment

I really don't understand much of what you are saying....? My fault, I am sure.

To me, it was a decent Netflix black comedy, with a couple of good performances from veteran actors. I laughed, I cringed.
                              Clearly a satire on modern times, but mostly taken from the 2012, Ben H. Winters classic trilogy, "The Last Policeman," especially the ending, which goes against normal movie solutions. (In a way I like)
                              Communication is mostly the sender's fault
                              I couldn't get the energy to expand more fully on all aspects of it although I'll use spoiler alert as my excuse pro tem.
                              Reasonable comedy satire yes. Was the message diluted by the constant drive for laughs, yes. I feel the movie gave up on a punchier delivery or realised halfway through the project that nobody really cared so why should they. In a sense the movie mimics the RIP presenters drive for light content.
                              Leonard and Penney.... Big Bang?
                              Last edited by Brendan W; 12-27-2021, 02:47 PM.
                              97 R1100R
                              Previous
                              80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
                                Communication is mostly the sender's fault
                                I couldn't get the energy to expand more fully on all aspects of it although I'll use spoiler alert as my excuse pro tem.
                                Reasonable comedy satire yes. Was the message diluted by the constant drive for laughs, yes. I feel the movie gave up on a punchier delivery or realised halfway through the project that nobody really cared so why should they. In a sense the movie mimics the RIP presenters drive for light content.
                                Well they can't all be Armageddon, can they?

Leonard and Penney.... Big Bang?
                                Another reference I don't get....

Although there were a few familiar faces, Streep and DiCaprio are the only two we knew...

Comment

Working...
                                X