Seen any good movies lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1980GS1000E View Post
    I can tell you what not to see. Pink Flamingos.
    Didn't see that John Waters film. He's definitely not for everyone. I really liked Cry Baby, and Pecker with all of it's Baltimore weirdness.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

The wife just turned on "Under Siege" and I must admit to my enjoyment.....
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Super Duper Alice Cooper -

never saw it, never even heard of it, just caught it not too far from the beginning, looks like I'll stick it out.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I used to watch every weekday as a youngster the original TV series of 'The Fugitive' w/ David Jannsen back in the days when it first came out.I just borrowed a couple DVDs of it from my local library.I like how he was always 'on the move' and all the different places and jobs he had.That Gerard fellow was the 'bad guy',imo.

Comment

Wife pulled this one out of nowhere.

Based on a true story, it started slow, but proved to be VERY informative.

UNPLANNED. .
            "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
            Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
              Wife pulled this one out of nowhere.

Based on a true story, it started slow, but proved to be VERY informative.

UNPLANNED. .

Never heard of it, so did a search for UNPLANNED, movie plot. This is what I got.

As one of the youngest Planned Parenthood clinic directors in the nation, Abby Johnson believed in a woman's right to choose, until a life-changing experience turns her into an anti-abortion activist.

Probably going to have to find a way to force people to endure that one. LOL
              Last edited by earlfor; 08-08-2021, 12:15 AM.
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I read Tucker Carlson liked it....

Top review from IMDB:
                I watched the movie. Nothing that great. Abby's dialogue confused me throughout the whole movie. She keeps pontificating and tries to act like a victim. There was no plot. A woman going around screaming for revenge, which has to be the dumbest story ever. The husband part of the movie was over emphasized and stupid at the most part. I don't know why movies nowadays do deceit. Has anyone ever heard of a storyline or credibility or freedom? Or do movies just compromise of seeing the most backwards crap in a span of 2 hours?
                Sounds hilarious....

Source: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9024106/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  I read Tucker Carlson liked it....

Top review from IMDB:

Sounds hilarious....

Source: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9024106/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I am not famliar with IMDB as I almost never look at it, but I clicked on the provided link and could not find the mentioned "top review".

In fact, when I clicked on reviews I got the opposite result: a long list of reviews appeared immediately and the top ones on the page gave it ten out of ten and highly recommended it.

I guess you have to search for the negative ones.
                  "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                  Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

The new Suicide Squad is fantastic. James Gunn flat out understands ensemble comic book film-making. Every aspect of the film, from the cast (including voice acting by Sylvester Stallone as the absolutely wonderful King Shark), to the cinematography, to the themes, to the soundtrack is spot-on.

The Green Knight is jaw-droppingly intelligent and the sort of film that seems to have disappeared with the influences of John Boorman and Dan O'Bannon in the 70's. A film that expects an intelligent audience and gives you time to just think in sweeping, extended silences, a must-see for fans of Arthurian legend.
                    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                      Never heard of it, so did a search for UNPLANNED, movie plot. This is what I got.

As one of the youngest Planned Parenthood clinic directors in the nation, Abby Johnson believed in a woman's right to choose, until a life-changing experience turns her into an anti-abortion activist.

Probably going to have to find a way to force people to endure that one. LOL
                      Here is a summary of what critics thought about it (from Rotten Tomatoes, which, as a review aggregator, tends to be accurate):

"A dramatic approach to a hot-button topic whose agenda is immediately clear, Unplanned will only reinforce the feelings of viewers on either side of the issue."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

I am not famliar with IMDB as I almost never look at it, but I clicked on the provided link and could not find the mentioned "top review".

In fact, when I clicked on reviews I got the opposite result: a long list of reviews appeared immediately and the top ones on the page gave it ten out of ten and highly recommended it.

I guess you have to search for the negative ones.

I only searched for the plot of the movie, not reviews.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by frosty5011 View Post
                          NOBODY

On Demand Nowhttps://www.nobody.movieSometimes the man you don’t notice is the most dangerous of all. Emmy winner Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul, The Post, N...

If you liked any of the John Wick movies, then you have to see this one!

John wick was good!

Comment

Yah, it's tough....You have to scroll down.
                            Past the cast, and the plot, and the trivia, to where it says "User Reviews" and there it is, right there.
                            But ya gotta look fast, as the "top review" changes....LOL
                            Ouch...why so info so hard to find?

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                              The new Suicide Squad is fantastic. James Gunn flat out understands ensemble comic book film-making. Every aspect of the film, from the cast (including voice acting by Sylvester Stallone as the absolutely wonderful King Shark), to the cinematography, to the themes, to the soundtrack is spot-on.
                              Ah....really? Maybe it is because I never read comic books, but I thought it was silly....And depressing.

Apparently killing hundreds, if not thousands of people continuously, in various brutal ways, can be humorous.
                              Or at least the writers thought so.

Sound track was pretty good though, I'll give ya that.

But can you at least tell me why was it made? Wasn't there a Suicide Squad movie just a few years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                                Ah....really? Maybe it is because I never read comic books, but I thought it was silly....And depressing.

Apparently killing hundreds, if not thousands of people continuously, in various brutal ways, can be humorous.
                                Or at least the writers thought so.

Sound track was pretty good though, I'll give ya that.

But can you at least tell me why was it made? Wasn't there a Suicide Squad movie just a few years ago?
                                I suppose, if you haven't been a comic book reader of at least a somewhat avid bent, you might not see why elevating villains to relatable characters can matter.

It was initially set to be a sequel to that earlier film, and it actually plays out as one just fine, since there have been multiple Suicide Squads in the comics.

And, as we are bringing the review aggregators to bear, a 92% on Rotten Tomatoes is no fickle rating. The critics see why this film is great. Peter Travers puts it well here:

You can either reject the cartoonish violence and trippy visual gags of "The Suicide Squad" or lean into the cuckoo surprises being sprung from the gloriously unhinged mind of James Gunn. For disreputable dazzle, nobody does it better.

Last edited by GS1150Pilot; 08-08-2021, 12:38 PM.
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X