Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Seen any good movies lately?

Can't believe nobody has mentioned "Yellowstone. I don't do movies, but there's A LOT of talk about it. Gosh everywhere I go folks are talking about it.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Quote Originally Posted by rphillips View Post
    Can't believe nobody has mentioned "Yellowstone. I don't do movies, but there's A LOT of talk about it. Gosh everywhere I go folks are talking about it.
    Are you talking about the series?
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Oommmm, Not sure, just assumed, but have heard folks talking about it a bunch of times in the past few weeks.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

I've been watching " Occupied " . It's a Norwegian series where Russia has taken over Norway.... I hate sub titles but the series is good enough I put up with them .....
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Quote Originally Posted by rphillips View Post
    Oommmm, Not sure, just assumed, but have heard folks talking about it a bunch of times in the past few weeks.
    I think you're probably hearing about the show, and I've heard good things, too.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

The title is silly, so is the premise. Glad I gave it a shot. I loved this movie. Sam Elliot IS the Man.
    full movie is on YouTube.
    The Man Who Killed Hitler and then The Bigfoot.

gustovh is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

The Iron Cross, 1977, a good movie about the Germans fighting the Russians on the eastern front.

V
    Gustov
    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
    81 GS 1000 G
    79 GS 850 G
    81 GS 850 L
    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
    80 GS 550 L
    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
    2002 Honda 919
    2004 Ural Gear up

Redman is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Wife wanted me to get and watch "A Walk In The Woods" with her (Actaully she wanted me to read the book.) because it was so insightful and such a good personality study. Oh Boy.

So I agreed to get/watch the movie.

Was interesting and funny (wife annoyed that it didnt follow the book).

In general, Its about his guy (Robeert Redford) who is a writer, nearing/at/past retirement age, is not getting as much work nor acclaim as he used to. Some how he gets the idea to walk the Appilation trail. So he contacts everbosy he knows, and about everybody he has ever known, to get someone to go with him. And everyone turns him down (thier replys are funny).
    THen one of his old friend from back when they were 20, who he specifically didn't invite, calls and asks to go along.
    Well, this old friend shows up (Nick Nolte) and he is limping and doesnt look healthy at all.

That is just the start of the movie.
    The interaction between those two are great, and funny.
    THe people they meet along the way is funny.
    ANd the situations they get into are funny/serious but funny.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.

Baatfam is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Redman View Post
    Wife wanted me to get and watch "A Walk In The Woods" with her (Actaully she wanted me to read the book.) because it was so insightful and such a good personality study. Oh Boy.

So I agreed to get/watch the movie.

Was interesting and funny (wife annoyed that it didnt follow the book).

In general, Its about his guy (Robeert Redford) who is a writer, nearing/at/past retirement age, is not getting as much work nor acclaim as he used to. Some how he gets the idea to walk the Appilation trail. So he contacts everbosy he knows, and about everybody he has ever known, to get someone to go with him. And everyone turns him down (thier replys are funny).
    THen one of his old friend from back when they were 20, who he specifically didn't invite, calls and asks to go along.
    Well, this old friend shows up (Nick Nolte) and he is limping and doesnt look healthy at all.

That is just the start of the movie.
    The interaction between those two are great, and funny.
    THe people they meet along the way is funny.
    ANd the situations they get into are funny/serious but funny.
    Pretty good movie, but yes, you should read the book. Actually, you should read every book by Bill Bryson.
    Bob T.

"That which you manifest is before you." -- Enzo
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." -- Rudyard Kipling
    "...for our existence to hold any value, it must end. To live meaningful lives, we must die and not return." -- Number Six

'83 GS1100E ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '99 TRIUMPH TROPHY 900 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Nick Nolte has looked that way since the 70s. Just watched North Dallas Forty.