No announcement yet.

Seen any good movies lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't look up followed by death to 2021.
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Just finished watching Foundation.
      Can't say I was terribly impressed with it. I enjoyed the space opera bits, as normal, but the storyline leapt around all over the place.
      As the last reading of the books were 30+ years ago, I don't recall enough detail to be all that critical of the presentation of the plotlines, so I'm giving my impression pretty much as a newcomer to the tale.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I recognize the title of this thread is "movies" but, are shows also allowed in the mix?

Anyone else watching The Wheel of Time or the most recent season of The Witcher? I find them both pretty enjoyable.

Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
        1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
          Just finished watching Foundation.
          Can't say I was terribly impressed with it. I enjoyed the space opera bits, as normal, but the storyline leapt around all over the place.
          As the last reading of the books were 30+ years ago, I don't recall enough detail to be all that critical of the presentation of the plotlines, so I'm giving my impression pretty much as a newcomer to the tale.
          I started to read the book back in the 70s, but had the same view you had of the movie.
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Just saw Last of the Mohicans; seen it many times. And I did the same thing I do after Bagger Vance. I watch the last scene perhaps a half dozen times. The beautiful climax of each movie occurs right after the last lines. Russell Means' and Jack Lemmon's final speech is something I must hear more than once, then the music and scenery take over for the final minute.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Wife and I watched Driven last night...DeLorean story....entertaining.
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by RustyTank View Post
                I recognize the title of this thread is "movies" but, are shows also allowed in the mix?

Anyone else watching The Wheel of Time or the most recent season of The Witcher? I find them both pretty enjoyable.

Binged on both, well made, well written complex story telling. A series of episodes over multiple seasons is the only way to delivery a complex story. Attempting to deliver a story line that complex over a 1-2 hour movie format is impossible it would lose so much pertinent detail that wouldn't make sense. Recall the first attempt to reproduce Dune in a single movie, it was a disaster.
                1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  Wife and I watched Driven last night...DeLorean story....entertaining.
                  I haven't watched this yet, heard it's decent. I've also read about a documentary called Framing John Delorean. It's currently on Netflix.
                  Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
                  1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Agnes Browne
                    Angelica Huston
                    Wonderfully malleable source material
                    Sensitive art in the movie but when played by the writer Brendan Carrol ribald burlesque.
                    1983 GS 550 LD
                    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

As a family movie for wife and kids we watched The Karate Kid, from 1984.

It still works.
                      "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                      Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
                        As a family movie for wife and kids we watched The Karate Kid, from 1984.

It still works.
                        Wax on Wax off... haha
                        I watched "Weekend at Bernie's" yesterday. It still makes me laugh! 😅
                        My Motorcycles:
                        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)
                        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Watched Philomena last night, a tour de force by Judy Dench.
                          Her character is torn deciding the greater of her two 'sins', having a child or staying silent and a Mother's unstoppable drive to find her child.
                          I cannot recall the last time a scene or two in a movie actually felt like a punch in the gut.
                          My primary school was a Magdalen laundry and at five years old I was sharing a dining hall with those girls.
                          In later years I came to hear the owners of local commercial laundries complain about how hard it was to compete with the Nuns pricing into Hotels etc.
                          Hardly surprising with State subsidised slave labour but maybe that's for another thread in another place.
                          97 R1100R
                          Previous
                          80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

If you like vampire or zombie movies, check out "From Dusk till Dawn" -- George Clooney, Harvey Keitel, Quinten Tarantino.

I'm still laughing!!!

Even funnier than "Dead Snow" -- a Norwegian film about dead Nazis coming back to life.
                            sigpic
                            '77 GS550B
                            '78 GS550C

Comment

Rewatched Ronin with my sister and her husband on New Years Eve after watching The Tomorrow War. The former is a modern classic that one could watch many times and still enjoy; the latter is a fun popcorn flick with some fun acting and monster effects, but no great shakes overall. Then we switched to NYE celebrations. Gotta say, Miley Cyrus is prettier every year-and she can SING.
                              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Catch 22 CLOONEY fest.
                                Good but he I've sexualized it and utterly lost the impact of the novel and its final passage.
                                That and turned it into a war movie.

Nice eye candy in spite of its lack of respect for the absurdity
                                1983 GS 550 LD
                                2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Working...
                                X