No announcement yet.

Seen any good movies lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=argonsagas;2622660]I'll offer this one: The King's Speech.

Loved it. With Colin Firth, Geoffrey Rush, HB Carter (YEEEW!), it would almost have to be great.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Best movie of the past year or so in my opinion was Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. A truly perfect film, and Tarantino's high water mark.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

I watched Peanut Butter, The Return & the Illusionist. Thanks for recommendations.

I liked the middle, first & last in that order.

I somehow read the book first, not sure how I stumbled upon it, but watched the movie later.

It's a slow going movie, an the mood/timing need to be right, I suppose, to have an impact.

It kinda leaves a bitter taste afterthoughts to chew on for awhile.

Sometimes a Great Notion (1971)

GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Neighbors
          Akroyd and Belushi.

Belushi never acted in a more reserved role iirc.

Saw its theatrical release as a kid and just rewatched it. The staging is clever as can be.
          Akroyd is maniacal. Fish in a blender crazy.
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Started watching The Razors Edge tonight. (Wife fell asleep, will finish tomorrow). But I’m enjoying it, even if she isn’t. I didn’t know this Bill Murray movie existed till I happened on it flipping channels the other day and DVRd it. From 1984, same year as Ghostbusters, but a very different character.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
              Started watching The Razors Edge tonight. (Wife fell asleep, will finish tomorrow). But I’m enjoying it, even if she isn’t. I didn’t know this Bill Murray movie existed till I happened on it flipping channels the other day and DVRd it. From 1984, same year as Ghostbusters, but a very different character.

Somerset Maugham great novel and Bill was fantastic in it. First serious role I reckon. No comedy at all iirc. Unlike Vincent and Lost in translation.
              1983 GS 550 LD
              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

I’ll have to look for those. Saw Lost in Translation a few years ago. Loved it. Thinking about Japan made me think of Ramen Girl. That’s a good one too.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Lol...quite the list of movies guys...anyone see a movie they liked in the last 10 years?? Lol
                  No signature

Comment

Hey Trevor
                    I was shocked to read your story this morning. Rest up and my best wishes for a speedy recovery, my friend. Glad you’re OK and able to lol, at least virtually. Yes, many of the movies mentioned are not current. However, The Peanut Butter Falcon, is from 2019.

I realized while watching the movie that one of the minor roles, an aged professional wrestle, is Jake “The Snake” Roberts. When I was a teen I worked at as a busboy/room service waiter at a restaurant at a Holiday Inn near Hershey PA. Hersheypark has an arena that regularly held WWF events. One evening I had the pleasure to meet Jake and his dinner partner “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan. Super nice guys, both. And boy did they put a hurtin’ on our prime rib buffet. We saw other wrestlers from time to time. But those were they only autographs I got.
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                      Neighbors
                      Akroyd and Belushi.
                      Gotta see 1941
                      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                        Hey Trevor
                        I was shocked to read your story this morning. Rest up and my best wishes for a speedy recovery, my friend. Glad you’re OK and able to lol, at least virtually. Yes, many of the movies mentioned are not current. However, The Peanut Butter Falcon, is from 2019.

I realized while watching the movie that one of the minor roles, an aged professional wrestle, is Jake “The Snake” Roberts. When I was a teen I worked at as a busboy/room service waiter at a restaurant at a Holiday Inn near Hershey PA. Hersheypark has an arena that regularly held WWF events. One evening I had the pleasure to meet Jake and his dinner partner “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan. Super nice guys, both. And boy did they put a hurtin’ on our prime rib buffet. We saw other wrestlers from time to time. But those were they only autographs I got.
                        I have seen the Peanut Butter Falcon and agree...very good!
                        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                          Gotta see 1941
                          1941 is a beauty....Ben-Hur tonight
                          1983 GS 550 LD
                          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                            1941 is a beauty....Ben-Hur tonight
                            My favorite scene is when the Captain of the Japanese sub drags that giant radio out of the conning tower and says something along the lines of " We've got to find a way of making these smaller " ...... I can't remember exactly how he put it ......
                            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

Maybe not in everybody's wheelhouse (NOT a kid movie) but a very well acted story.

NETFLIX

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

The Social Dilemma.

w.a.k.e u.p people (especially the cult members ! )
                                1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Working...
                                X