No announcement yet.

Seen any good movies lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have Hulu, Disney Plus, Apple TV, and now HBO max that comes with the new cell phone plan we got for the family. I just remembered when my son’s gf was visiting, she signed in to her Netflix account on our TV, so I can watch those horror series mentioned.
    Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 11-26-2020, 12:22 AM.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Have I mentioned how much I love Letterkenny?
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
        Have I mentioned how much I love Letterkenny?
        And that’s what I appreciates about you.

Season 9 debuts on Hulu Dec. 26. Can’t wait. Gonna be hard not to binge the whole thing in one sitting. Canada gets it for Christmas on Crave.
        Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 11-26-2020, 12:35 AM.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

I own those specials. Couldn't take chances ...
          Me too. But I'm a purist: 'those specials' refer only to Halloween and Christmas (in that order).

Wasn't it great when Foo Fighters played the Peanuts theme on SNL?
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Inside Man with Clive Owen and Denzel Washington. I mean, you can count on the fingers of one hand all the movies Denzel was in that weren't great, but as many times as I see Inside Man, I can watch it one more time.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Watched Inside Man two nights ago, again. First Class
              Night before was High Fidelity with the two Cusacks and the Nerd Twins. Not a great success at the time but it grows on you if for nothing other than spotting the vinyl covers.
              Last night it was Jessica Chastain in Molly's Game. If dialogue is your thing this punches above it's weight.
              97 R1100R
              Previous
              80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

"They Live" has been running on one of the extended basic cable channels again lately. It's a cheesy "B" film starring the former pro wrestler Rodney Piper and features one of the most epic fight scenes even put on film. The story line is an all too fitting tribute to Reagan era America, unfortunately it's still equally valid today.
                1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                  Me too. But I'm a purist: 'those specials' refer only to Halloween and Christmas (in that order).

Wasn't it great when Foo Fighters played the Peanuts theme on SNL?
                  Not true: Thanksgiving, despite coming out nearly a decade after Christmas, is pretty near pitch perfect and, as with Christmas, nails what matters most. I'll be listening to Vince Guaraldi on the drive to Tucson today.
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Last week watched “Us” by up and comer Jordan Peele (of Key & Peele). Had previously seen his “Get Out”. Both great thrillers. Looking forward to more of his work.
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                      Last week watched “Us” by up and comer Jordan Peele (of Key & Peele). Had previously seen his “Get Out”. Both great thrillers. Looking forward to more of his work.
                      Did you watch the HBO series, Lovecraft Country? He was very involved in its creation and execution, and I think it is brilliant.
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
                        Watched Inside Man two nights ago, again. First Class
                        Night before was High Fidelity with the two Cusacks and the Nerd Twins. Not a great success at the time but it grows on you if for nothing other than spotting the vinyl covers.
                        Last night it was Jessica Chastain in Molly's Game. If dialogue is your thing this punches above it's weight.
                        Although High Fidelity was not as amazing as Gross Pointe Blank, those films were when John Cusack was at his peak in the craft. I love them.
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Did you watch the HBO series, Lovecraft Country? He was very involved in its creation and execution, and I think it is brilliant.
                          Not yet but I have a few days off and I’ve got it on my short list.
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Although High Fidelity was not as amazing as Gross Pointe Blank, those films were when John Cusack was at his peak in the craft. I love them.
                            “Better off dead”. It’s on a yearly rotation at my house. One of my all-time favorites.
                            Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

One for the wish list. We'll try find it tonight.
                              Seems vaguely familiar.
                              Is it just me or does anyone else forget the titles of movies they've seen?
                              97 R1100R
                              Previous
                              80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
                                X