Brake pads - SBS 533HF vs SBS 534HF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake pads - SBS 533HF vs SBS 534HF

I apparently ordered 534HF, but the ones on the bike is 533HF. Do both fit or should I return my 534HF and order 533HF? I see their sizes is somewhat different.

Now with the wheel off it seems my pads are fine and have a lot left on them, so I don't think I am in a hurry to change. Will it improve braking to change them anyways?
    GS1000G 1981

They're a different shape for the slightly later caliper.
    Send them back and get 533s.
    If they live up to their promise of long life for bike originally fitted with non-sintered pads, they should be ok.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post
      I apparently ordered 534HF, but the ones on the bike is 533HF. Do both fit or should I return my 534HF and order 533HF? I see their sizes is somewhat different.

Now with the wheel off it seems my pads are fine and have a lot left on them, so I don't think I am in a hurry to change. Will it improve braking to change them anyways?
      If you have plenty still on the old pads, they might be slightly glaze over. Take some 800/600 grit sand paper and deglaze the pads.
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
      X