Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 650G clutch springs

Quote Originally Posted by Longitudinal View Post
    What does that term refer to? I haven't heard it before regarding Suzuki clutches.
    Likely a poor description of a slight issue. When engaging the clutch, there seems to be a slight delay from partial engagement and full engagement. With lever fully released. Sort of a "2 stage" effect. From a stop or on some upshifts. Not noticeable on more rapid upshifts. New springs alleviated some of it, but I probably need to check the plates.
    1981 Suzuki GS650G

Gorminrider is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

might be gear lash...not clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by rphillips View Post
    What'd I miss?
    I had to read through all the comments and posts, I'll try to comment as they progress.

Quote Originally Posted by phydeauxmutt View Post
    This is all a very good discussion on clutch springs, but I did not realize that the 650G was a two-cylinder bike.
    This was apparently in reference to the fact that this is posted in the 2-cylinder Engine/Drivetrain/Clutch forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.humbucker View Post
    I believe they came out with a 2 cylinder in 83 branded the Tempter GS650. Not sure if they continued to make the four cylinder model too in 83.
    Introducing the idea of the 2-cylinder GR650 Tempter. Yes, they DID continue with the 4-cylinder GS650 in 1983.

Just for the argument, the Suzuki 650 Tempter was a 2 cyl. & named a GR650, not a GS. Best I can recall all GS650's were 4 cyl.
    This is true.

Quote Originally Posted by bull958 View Post
    Looks like you may have forgotten about the GS400 and GS450's.
    This may have been a reminder that not all GSes were 4-cylinders by mentioning the 400 and 450, but was incomplete by also forgetting to mention the GS250, GS300 and GS425.

I do forget a lot. Now,,, how has the GS400 & GS450 slipped into a conversation about GR650's & GS650's? What'd I miss?
    Can you follow the train now?

mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)