Cone Engineering for Exhaust Components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cone Engineering for Exhaust Components

When I built the exhaust for my GS1100GL, I bought all of the materials (tubes, collector, collector bullet, bends, muffler) from Cone Engineering. Price was very reasonable and quality was excellent. I highly recommend them and will definitely buy my exhaust parts from them in the future.
    1982 GS1100GL: hand built stainless 4-1 exhaust, pods, jetting.

They have some cool kits for Harleys. Unfortunately, they don't flow as well as a few other assembled exhausts (at least on HD).
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
      They have some cool kits for Harleys. Unfortunately, they don't flow as well as a few other assembled exhausts (at least on HD).
      That's a surprise. It must come down to tubing sizes, because their collectors are the nicest formed collectors I have seen.
      1982 GS1100GL: hand built stainless 4-1 exhaust, pods, jetting.

Comment

Originally posted by Longitudinal View Post
        That's a surprise. It must come down to tubing sizes, because their collectors are the nicest formed collectors I have seen.
        One thing I absolutely have to give to the HD community is its obsession with dyno tests. There is a very reputable HD tuning shop that has exhaustively tested pretty much every HD exhaust out there. The manufacturers send them pipes in advance because they know people will want their opinions. It's not just tubing sizes (that would have been fixed), it's reversion due to shapes and lengths.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
        X