Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital Tach Question. Show me what you have please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Tach Question. Show me what you have please.

I have an 82 1100e and am changing out the engine to an 1150.... but that engine has a digital tach...and I hate the look of the 1150 gauges.

I need a solution.

Has anyone found gauges with a digital tach that have a retro look (like gs1000 gauges) that are digital?

... or know of a digital tack gauge that will fit into the housing of the 82 gauges?

My bike is the 82 1100e that now looks like a 78 gs1000... but will be powered by an 1150 engine. A real frankenstein for sure.

82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
    80 gs1000s

I am currently in the process of installing Koso digital gauges into the stock GS1000 housing, keeping the original idiot lights in the centre.
    Lots of work to make them fit but will have a very stock appearance when finished, minus the 2 drive cables of course.

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
      I am currently in the process of installing Koso digital gauges into the stock GS1000 housing, keeping the original idiot lights in the centre.
      Lots of work to make them fit but will have a very stock appearance when finished, minus the 2 drive cables of course.
      Looking good !
      What fitting issues are you having, meter height and the mounting rings ?
      Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
      VM Carb rebuild tutorial
      Bikecliff's website
      The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

Originally posted by Rijko View Post
        Looking good !
        What fitting issues are you having, meter height and the mounting rings ?
        Yeah i had to machine some bezels to get them to sit nice in the housing, then back plates to accomodate the original mounting brackets and chrome covers that fit on the back.
        1978 GS1085.

Comment

Like to see the finished product Max.
          Just curious as to why mph instead of kph?
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
            Like to see the finished product Max.
            Just curious as to why mph instead of kph?
            I am in the UK, we dont bother with KPH over here
            1978 GS1085.

Comment

I think a late model gs500 tach is about the correct size. With some work I think it could be made to fit in the gs1100 cluster. The wiring looks like it may feed from one of two coils on the 500, if so, it should read correctly. However I haven't confirmed if the 500 uses 1 or 2 coils.
              1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

[QUOTE=Agemax;2621305]I am currently in the process of installing Koso digital gauges into the stock GS1000 housing, keeping the original idiot lights in the centre.

Those look good!! Keep us posted on the progress. I guess I could just use the tach one on the right side on mine. I'm going to miss the temp gauge though.
                82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                80 gs1000s

Comment

4ShJEGR.jpg Moto scope pro , very compact. A push button on the handle bars let's you choose different screens. You have digital voltmeter and oil temperature everything the OEM gauges plus lots more.
                  1983 gs1100ed restro-mod. 1998 gsxr 1100 almost mint, 2019 kawasaki klx250, 2011 Beta 250 evo trials bike, 2017 Montesa 300rr trials bike, 2021 honda crf250rx woods weapon

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]61651[/ATTACH] Moto scope pro , very compact. A push button on the handle bars let's you choose different screens. You have digital voltmeter and oil temperature everything the OEM gauges plus lots more.
                    Thank you. Even though I had thought of going retro, that is a clean looking one. I think my eyes may need a bigger gauge... but I may start looking for a larger format like that.
                    82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                    80 gs1000s

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
                      Thank you. Even though I had thought of going retro, that is a clean looking one. I think my eyes may need a bigger gauge... but I may start looking for a larger format like that.
                      Yes, I was worried about the size but got use to it almost right away. I am 57 years old and wear glasses when I ride. The photo is not very crisp even the renthal sign is blurry. Anyways there are so many cool options out there so I guess you got some research to do, I would like to add the break out box really makes wiring up these gauges so much easier.
                      Last edited by chris; 09-07-2020, 09:08 PM.
                      1983 gs1100ed restro-mod. 1998 gsxr 1100 almost mint, 2019 kawasaki klx250, 2011 Beta 250 evo trials bike, 2017 Montesa 300rr trials bike, 2021 honda crf250rx woods weapon

Comment

Working...
                      X