Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today is PntrDave's Brithday

Rest in peace, brother.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

bwringer is offline Forum LongTimer Bard Award Winner
    GSResource Superstar
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I never did get the chance to meet him, he sounds like someone that would have been nice to know.

Steve, I never realized you hadn't met Dave. Seems like you've been a fixture forever as well.

I always loved Dave's sunny attitude and his delightfully dilapidated motorcycles.

This is from the rally in Galena, IL September 29, 2006:

The red bike is NOT Dave's (it was a fresh resto-mod build belonging to Ryan, "Firsttimer"); I think Dave's is the disassembled bike in front of him, a not uncommon event. Note the small puddle developing...

I've always loved this photo of Dave at the same rally. These were taken by a guy who's an actual pro photographer ("Plasterdog" if you remember), and he got a lot of great shots of people and really captured the personalities.

The whole Galena gallery is a lot of fun for those who know some of the "old-timers":
    https://www.bwringer.com/gs/galena20...res/index.html

I found another Dave shot from the Brown County 2006 rally, on May 22.

Yep, that bike was painted with a brush:

Dave always got there, somehow, sooner or later. Usually later.
    Last edited by bwringer; 09-07-2020 at 11:24 AM.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

gbw is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Dang. I miss that big galoot. Made quite an impression on me during my first couple of GS rallies. I'll never forget riding with him and have some fun stories from those days. But the best was sitting at a table with him and Brett, listening to them tell Marine Corps stories. They had me rolling.
    Current: 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
    Previous: 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

salty_monk is offline Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

I love making the trip to hang with you lot. I'm indebted to the Nardy's for putting up with me for sure.... Dave definitely sounded like a good guy

1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold

www.agadisplay.com
    www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Quote Originally Posted by gbw View Post
    Dang. I miss that big galoot. Made quite an impression on me during my first couple of GS rallies. I'll never forget riding with him and have some fun stories from those days. But the best was sitting at a table with him and Brett, listening to them tell Marine Corps stories. They had me rolling.
    Welcome to The Suck!

SUZUKI:
    1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
    HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
    KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
    YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Wow...! Dave was the coolest. I remember him organizing the 1st Annual GS Rally in Missouri. That was one of my all time favorite trips! Those of us who only knew him for those few days, will never forget his warmth, his smiling face, and his absolutely fantastic way of looking at life. I hope his son is doing well these days... (Miss you guys too!)
    I'll be hitting 70 next month, myself. See you in the future Dave! Perhaps another campfire...

Griffin and Patti... two of my favorite truants. Hope you're both well.
    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Yo Allie !!! Good to see your are still here. Yes, I am a truant... LOL... (Gotta love you!) Honesty is the best policy!
    I have been tucked away in the mountains of AZ, hiding and watching... Life... It's pretty crazy in some places!
    I have been re-composing my book. I have a publisher and spend a couple hours a day in my tree swing, writing.
    Guess I'll have to start a thread about it someday. I've been busier than a one-armed-paper-hanger...

Dave made a lasting impression on everyone who met him... (Also, Hadda love Dave!)

bonanzadave is offline Forum Guru Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Jarheads, Were not all bad. GSR heaven is a pretty cool place.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Quote Originally Posted by Peppermint Patti View Post
    Yo Allie !!! Good to see your are still here. Yes, I am a truant... LOL... (Gotta love you!) Honesty is the best policy!
    I have been tucked away in the mountains of AZ, hiding and watching... Life... It's pretty crazy in some places!
    I have been re-composing my book. I have a publisher and spend a couple hours a day in my tree swing, writing.
    Guess I'll have to start a thread about it someday. I've been busier than a one-armed-paper-hanger...

Dave made a lasting impression on everyone who met him... (Also, Hadda love Dave!)
    I'm glad you are well Life is amazing... in all the little places.
    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N