GS250T Removal of air box and refitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS250T Removal of air box and refitting

Hi guys looking for information on how to remove/replace the air filter box. Manual talks about cleaning but not removing the actual box. Have started a prject where the bike has been off the road for a number of years and did not have one fitted when I bout it. Going through a rebuild and have sourced a complete box. Any help would be appreciated. Had posted elsewhere on this forum but was advised to post here.

I can't say about the 250 but it's a real puzzle on my gsx400...My theory is that the airbox is one of the first pieces the factory put into the frame. It's going to want a lot of stuff removed to get it in....the gs 450s and gsx400s are similar twins to your bike, the gs300s more so ...People have gotten it out of similar bikes without dis-assembling the entire bike (most people seem to want it out but should help with "in")

You will likely have to just start trying. Removing the stuff in the way as you make your best guesses but:

I seem to recall someone got it in from the bottom on a 450...? I'm thinking shifting the rear fender back will help a lot...it certainly helps replacing carbs on my bike.

from a search in this "twins" section ("airbox") I found this for a 450. One guy shifted the engine on a gs300...I'd stay in the twins section until you exhaust it. You might find more. In this found thread, the "carburetor intake boots" are removed. I would avoid that if at all possible unless they come off easy. It can be a major job on it's own wanting care not to snap bolts...

Last edited by Gorminrider; 09-08-2020, 12:10 PM.

Comment

The 250 and 300 are very similar. When working on my 300's carbs I'd LOVE to remove the airbox, but I can't move it more than an inch or two in any direction. I think the comment above is correct, some major disassembly would be required.

Comment

Working...
      X