Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarifying front brake lever switch position

Hi,

I just want to clarify the front brake switch position. Is it position 1 or 2 in this picture. From the pdf document, it looks to be position 1, but then 1 looks far too shallow for the pin to fit.
    Click image for larger version.

brake swich.jpg

Thanks

Dave

Hard to tell from that picture. Move the lever while looking into that space. The "hole" that moves is the one you want.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks, I'll check that when the part arrives.

Comment

The right position is position 1 in the picture, but it doesn't look anything like the picture in Bass Cliff's document, there's a very definite slot over to the left. Then at this position the contact should be positions so that the insulating bump is under position 1 therefore when the lever is at rest the circuit will be open. Strange thing is that when I did it all correct the brake light stayed on. Took me a while of pumping the rear brake before the front brake lever switch started behaving itself, weird!

Comment

Did you clean the little circuit board and the spring loaded copper contact well? Also, there is a bit or adjustment there by just loosening the 2 screws that hold the switch cover in place and ever so slightly sliding it left or right to find the correct contact point of the sliding switch.
          Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 09-14-2020, 01:07 PM.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Hi, it was brand spanking new so didn't need cleaning, all I did was bend out the copper U piece as it wouldn't sit straight. It seems to work ok now. It worked perfectly when I had the multimeter on it.

Comment

Working...
            X