Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 264

Thread: I had a crash...a big one!

  1. #241
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbill5491 View Post
    ...my hip replacements 24 years ago. Yup that's right had both done in June of 93...
    I never did understand that new math.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

    2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

  2. #242
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob S. View Post
    I never did understand that new math.
    Maybe there were leap years involved?
    1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
    1983 GS 1100 G
    2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
    2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
    1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

    I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    4,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1948man View Post
    Maybe there were leap years involved?
    With new hips, I'd hope so.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

    Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    ROME, ITALY
    Posts
    427

    Default

    I do hope everything went well, or better...
    GS1000G '81

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria bc
    Posts
    16,695

    Default

    Update...I was to have my hip replacement surgery today. But I decided along with my surgeon to wait. I have been getting around pretty good now...walked 2kms yesterday and 3 the day before with no cane. I got a little sore...my doctor said the fact that I do not take daily pain medication is an indicator that waiting is ok....I am really busy at work right now...covid seams to make people use more...hmm...and I am riding again..did a 800kms round trip on the weekend with no pain meds.
    And the big thing is my mental state...I'm still going to 30 plus physio etc appointments a month but I just don't think I can handle the setback mentally that having the surgery would result. I want to enjoy the summer.
    Of course I still need the surgery..it won't ever heal..the fracture is screwed...the doctor says it's the right thing to do...and someone else will take the spot that probably is in more pain than me.....so we are shooting for September....I'm happy with that....I'm sure my lawyer won't be happy as this delays my case.
    Oh and I got a letter last week from the Crown that they are charging the guy who hit me with "Drive a motor vehicle without due care and attention". And I have been asked to prepare a victim impact statement to read in court.
    No signature

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Cranbrook, BC Canada
    Posts
    7,024

    Default

    All things considered it sounds like you're doing pretty good. I'm sure the longer you wait for surgery and the fitter you get the better and easier your recovery will be. Glad you're able to get out for some long rides.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

  7. #247
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Vancouver B.C.
    Posts
    26,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trevor View Post
    Update...I was to have my hip replacement surgery today. But I decided along with my surgeon to wait. I have been getting around pretty good now...walked 2kms yesterday and 3 the day before with no cane. I got a little sore...my doctor said the fact that I do not take daily pain medication is an indicator that waiting is ok....I am really busy at work right now...covid seams to make people use more...hmm...and I am riding again..did a 800kms round trip on the weekend with no pain meds.
    And the big thing is my mental state...I'm still going to 30 plus physio etc appointments a month but I just don't think I can handle the setback mentally that having the surgery would result. I want to enjoy the summer.
    Of course I still need the surgery..it won't ever heal..the fracture is screwed...the doctor says it's the right thing to do...and someone else will take the spot that probably is in more pain than me.....so we are shooting for September....I'm happy with that....I'm sure my lawyer won't be happy as this delays my case.
    Oh and I got a letter last week from the Crown that they are charging the guy who hit me with "Drive a motor vehicle without due care and attention". And I have been asked to prepare a victim impact statement to read in court.
    Really ? I saw that video of what happened ...... What the fuddle duddle does the Crown define as " dangerous driving " ...... Running a stop sign and schmucking somebody meets my definition .....
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

  8. #248
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    Their use of the term "victim impact statement" is a bit distasteful, but quite accurate I'd say.

    1994 Suzuki RF600R
    2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
    2020 Suzuki Katana

    Dave

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Mifflinburg, PA / Land of Tar & Chip
    Posts
    2,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trevor View Post
    Oh and I got a letter last week from the Crown that they are charging the guy who hit me with "Drive a motor vehicle without due care and attention". And I have been asked to prepare a victim impact statement to read in court.
    I'm largely ignorant of the legalese of the laws of the North, but that statement doesn't sound like the crime, if found guilty, would carry any amount of prison detention as a sentence. Hopefully, there's compensation in it for you.

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria bc
    Posts
    16,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    I'm largely ignorant of the legalese of the laws of the North, but that statement doesn't sound like the crime, if found guilty, would carry any amount of prison detention as a sentence. Hopefully, there's compensation in it for you.
    Nope..just a fine of $400 and 6 demerit points....better than failing to yield I guess...and I at least get to confront him in court. He's been lying saying that we both stopped and both went at the same time...lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser View Post
    Their use of the term "victim impact statement" is a bit distasteful, but quite accurate I'd say.

    Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by bccap View Post
    Really ? I saw that video of what happened ...... What the fuddle duddle does the Crown define as " dangerous driving " ...... Running a stop sign and schmucking somebody meets my definition .....
    I know...I hear ya...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    All things considered it sounds like you're doing pretty good. I'm sure the longer you wait for surgery and the fitter you get the better and easier your recovery will be. Glad you're able to get out for some long rides.
    I'm getting in good shape for sure...I actually weigh a few pounds lighter than when the accident happened...and I was in the best shape of my life then. And you are right..the better shape I'm in the quicker the recovery. Btw we are headed your way June 10-11-12-13....if you are interested in joining us.
    No signature

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •