Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: I had a crash...a big one!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorminrider View Post
    I can hardly wait. I hope it hurts. I want to whip the people that make "California Stops" so you can imagine...
    Lol...I hear ya....there was no "California stop"...on his part....probably doing at least 70km in a 50km zone.
    No signature

Quote Originally Posted by trevor View Post
    Lol...I hear ya....there was no "California stop"...on his part....probably doing at least 70km in a 50km zone.
    Yeah... He either didn't see it, was staring at his cell phone { my guess }, or didn't care ......
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Quote Originally Posted by bccap View Post
    Yeah... He either didn't see it, was staring at his cell phone { my guess }, or didn't care ......
    He was from Nanaimo...with his wife...in their 50s...I asked the cops from my bed in emergency "did you give him a sobriety test?"...."No, there was no indication that he'd been drinking". F me...he ran a stop sign, almost killed me, lied about it and it was 7pm on labour day Monday! How much more reason do you need???
    No signature

Quote Originally Posted by trevor View Post
    He was from Nanaimo...with his wife...in their 50s...I asked the cops from my bed in emergency "did you give him a sobriety test?"...."No, there was no indication that he'd been drinking". F me...he ran a stop sign, almost killed me, lied about it and it was 7pm on labour day Monday! How much more reason do you need???
    That absolutely gobsmacks me. In most European countries now, and for the past several decades, it's been normal for the cops to do a breathalyser test immediately after an accident. Any sign of positivity and it's down the cop shop for a more accurate test.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window