No announcement yet.

I had a crash...a big one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curìous about what happened with whether or not he gave false information in the police report or not.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
      Curìous about what happened with whether or not he gave false information in the police report or not.
      He lied to rcmp...but the cop told me "it's not illegal to lie police, people do it all the time"....I certainly question that. Too me that would fall under "obstruction of justice"...because now I have to prove that he didn't stop. The goodness for the video.
      No signature

Comment

I've got lots of opinion! but I think you might be softening tward "nice guy" saying,
        funny, if he had just admitted that he ran the stop sign I would not be the "dog on a bone" in seeing him punished.
        Running a stop sign is not forgiveable. period. Or at least, there'd have to be an awful lot of evidence to show it was obscured. As to the defendant lying to the policeman, it's probably hard for a judge to include that in a "judgement" as "lying" and or just a persistently incorrect remembrance. People can swear to a lie and it's hard to prove they are, by intention, changing the facts they know to be true. (ie: confessing to a police informant in jail etc.)

I guess this won't be a Perry Mason thing beyond a "victim statement" to give you a chance to tell your hurt, but my fantasies consider that if the judge catches him (or you!) really lying or combative it hurts badly.
        I think if the judge thinks you are trying to "punish" the offender, by embellishment, that will do no good. Just the facts. Angry, sure of course but follow directions.
        The experience of being smacked, exploded and broken by the total suprise and speed is pretty powerful. I bet the video will help if the judge gets to see it!

ADDED: You're really lucky to have that video. Judges want a witness sooo badly because without a third disinterested party, the truth is somewhere between two interested parties. I say, "you're lucky" because it really hurts if you don't get the fault fully laid on the side your righteous ire craves.
        Last edited by Gorminrider; 05-07-2021, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
          I've got lots of opinion! but I think you might be softening tward "nice guy" saying, Running a stop sign is not forgiveable. period. Or at least, there'd have to be an awful lot of evidence to show it was obscured. As to the defendant lying to the policeman, it's probably hard for a judge to include that in a "judgement" as "lying" and or just a persistently incorrect remembrance. People can swear to a lie and it's hard to prove they are, by intention, changing the facts they know to be true. (ie: confessing to a police informant in jail etc.)

I guess this won't be a Perry Mason thing beyond a "victim statement" to give you a chance to tell your hurt, but my fantasies consider that if the judge catches him (or you!) really lying or combative it hurts badly.
          I think if the judge thinks you are trying to "punish" the offender, by embellishment, that will do no good. Just the facts. Angry, sure of course but follow directions.
          The experience of being smacked, exploded and broken by the total suprise and speed is pretty powerful. I bet the video will help if the judge gets to see it!
          I don't know why the judge wouldn't see it...it's been sent to the crown to get the charges we have now...it's part of the evidence. As for the stop sign being clearly marked...not only is it a four way stop..but it has flashing red lights above the intersection...lol...plenty of warning.
          and I certainly don't have to embellish my story...20 broken bones, two surgeries for my hand, and now an upcoming total hip replacement. Lol
          No signature

Comment

I can hardly wait. I hope it hurts. I want to whip the people that make "California Stops" so you can imagine...

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
              I can hardly wait. I hope it hurts. I want to whip the people that make "California Stops" so you can imagine...
              Lol...I hear ya....there was no "California stop"...on his part....probably doing at least 70km in a 50km zone.
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                Lol...I hear ya....there was no "California stop"...on his part....probably doing at least 70km in a 50km zone.
                Yeah... He either didn't see it, was staring at his cell phone { my guess }, or didn't care ......
                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                  Yeah... He either didn't see it, was staring at his cell phone { my guess }, or didn't care ......
                  He was from Nanaimo...with his wife...in their 50s...I asked the cops from my bed in emergency "did you give him a sobriety test?"...."No, there was no indication that he'd been drinking". F me...he ran a stop sign, almost killed me, lied about it and it was 7pm on labour day Monday! How much more reason do you need???
                  No signature

Comment

He was from Nanaimo...with his wife...in their 50s...I asked the cops from my bed in emergency "did you give him a sobriety test?"...."No, there was no indication that he'd been drinking". F me...he ran a stop sign, almost killed me, lied about it and it was 7pm on labour day Monday! How much more reason do you need???
                    That absolutely gobsmacks me. In most European countries now, and for the past several decades, it's been normal for the cops to do a breathalyser test immediately after an accident. Any sign of positivity and it's down the cop shop for a more accurate test.
                    ---- Dave
                    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Good to hear you're getting around again Trevor. Can't believe they didn't test the guy. Hell given the day, and time, I would have tested YOU too, lol. They would have here, without hesitation. Is what it is. Good luck buddy.
                      '83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Thought I would provide an update.

Two weeks ago I had another surgeon appointment and an x-ray on my hip. Great news, the fracture is healing! No hip replacement....for now.
                        Doctor was very surprised. To think I was about to go under the knife May 6th...yikes..glad I decided to wait.
                        I still have issues...lots of "clicking" from the hardware in my hip. The crews will eventually be taken out after the fracture is totally healed.
                        My finger will likely need another operation as it has gone into full hook mode.
                        The guy who hit me finally pleaded guilty to "undue care and attention of a motor vehicle and will be sentenced next week when I will get an opportunity to read a victim impact statement.
                        I had to add up my appointments....just over 300 healthcare appointments since last October. I've worked my azz off and it shows. I'm proud of the way I have responded. Oh and this year so far I have put over 12,000kms on my bikes.
                        I've instructed my lawyer to proceed.
                        No signature

Comment

Great news on him finally taking some responsibility and hopefully things work out for you
                          sigpic
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Hey Trevor, thanks for the update. That fact that you have come this far in recovery / rehab is inspirational and a testament to your strong will.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Two weeks ago I had another surgeon appointment and an x-ray on my hip. Great news, the fracture is healing! No hip replacement....for now.
                              Doctor was very surprised. To think I was about to go under the knife May 6th...yikes..glad I decided to wait.
                              I still have issues...lots of "clicking" from the hardware in my hip. The crews will eventually be taken out after the fracture is totally healed.
                              My finger will likely need another operation as it has gone into full hook mode.
                              The guy who hit me finally pleaded guilty to "undue care and attention of a motor vehicle and will be sentenced next week when I will get an opportunity to read a victim impact statement.
                              I had to add up my appointments....just over 300 healthcare appointments since last October. I've worked my azz off and it shows. I'm proud of the way I have responded. Oh and this year so far I have put over 12,000kms on my bikes.
                              Good news

Without due care surely
                              1983 GS 550 LD
                              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

" Undue Care and Attention " ? ..... Man ! Our legal system can be pussies ..... Last I heard that was six points and a fine ..... As far as I'm concerned, blowing a stop sign and nobody hurt is " Undue Care And Attention " ..... Somebody gets hurt and it should be " Dangerous Driving " .....
                                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X