No announcement yet.

I had a crash...a big one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well got one more thing taken care of today...went in for surgery on my finger. I have not been able to close it into a fist, therefore it sticks out...and is sore and vulnerable. The scar tissue had to be removed and he did something to the ligaments. lol
    Still waiting for a date for the hip.
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      Well got one more thing taken care of today...went in for surgery on my finger. I have not been able to close it into a fist, therefore it sticks out...and is sore and vulnerable. The scar tissue had to be removed and he did something to the ligaments. lol
      You are in Kanada. It may never happen. Like your Covid vaccination.
      Signed, fully vaccinated American
      sigpic
      09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
      1983 GS1100e
      82\83 1100e Frankenbike
      1980 GS1260
      Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Bragging about receiving a vaccine that is said may not prevent you from catching the virus, may not prevent you from carrying the virus, and may not prevent you from passing on the virus? Some brag.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
          Bragging about receiving a vaccine that is said may not prevent you from catching the virus, may not prevent you from carrying the virus, and may not prevent you from passing on the virus? Some brag.
          Don't forget the keeping you out of the hospital and preventing you from dying....I'll drink to that.

Hoping to get mine soon. 1c is open next week in TN.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Wow, I hope you get the treatment you need soon.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
            1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Well heck, how are you suppose to go all "Champ" on someone like that?

I hope your turn for the hip rolls around quickly. Surgeries are so far behind right now because of COVID. There just aren't enough surgeons to fill the operating theatres and address the backlog.
              '83 GS650G
              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Well sh!t Trevor ! ! ! I disappear for a few months and all h3ll breaks loose here. Couldn't believe what I was reading here. Am very happy you are healing fairly well. Hope the hip surgery goes smooth, and SOON.
                And if I ever get to meet your wife, I swear I'm gonna bring her an award or something, lol. Amazing woman you have there. Get whole soon buddy...
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                  Well sh!t Trevor ! ! ! I disappear for a few months and all h3ll breaks loose here. Couldn't believe what I was reading here. Am very happy you are healing fairly well. Hope the hip surgery goes smooth, and SOON.
                  And if I ever get to meet your wife, I swear I'm gonna bring her an award or something, lol. Amazing woman you have there. Get whole soon buddy...
                  What nice things to say to me, thanks. 🙂 My wife is a saint... at least that’s what my close friends say. Lol
                  I have an appointment with a “navigator” on Thursday to talk about what I need and what I can expect around my hip replacement surgery.... then I’ll get on the cancellation list. I just want it done already. Cheers
                  No signature

Comment

An update....I got a call yesterday and I am now scheduled for hip replacement surgery May 6th.
                    I will continue to do physio 5 times a week until my date...I want to be one of those cases with a quick recovery time.

I'm very happy that it's happening. I want to get on with my life. Cheers
                    No signature

Comment

Nice. Good to see things moving forward.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Wow, that was pretty quick. Hope everything goes well.
                        '83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

An update....I got a call yesterday and I am now scheduled for hip replacement surgery May 6th.
                          I will continue to do physio 5 times a week until my date...I want to be one of those cases with a quick recovery time.

I'm very happy that it's happening. I want to get on with my life. Cheers
                          You be sure to get the hootchie coo hip. Backbone slide is cheaper for a reason
                          1983 GS 550 LD
                          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                            You be sure to get the hootchie coo hip. Backbone slide is cheaper for a reason
                            Lol...I have an appointment with my surgeon next week...I'll be sure to bring that up!
                            No signature

Comment

Good luck with the hip surgery Trevor. A friend of mine went for that a few years ago and it went really well. Said the operating room was like a combination machine shop and woodworking shop. About 4 months later he was up on his roof finishing off the last few rows of shingles. I had been off the forum for a while and was quite shocked to read about your accident. wishing you a speedy recovery.

Comment

That was the best thing I ever did was getting my hip replacements 24 years ago. Yup that's right had both done in June of 93 with in a week of each other. Spent about 6 months in therapy. Now looking at getting my right knee done here in the near future.
                                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X