• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bccap View Post
    I think the picture of the bed proves that beyond doubt.....LOL
    Lol....it sure does.

No signature

Comment

Does your wife do motorcycle seats?
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
        Does your wife do motorcycle seats?
        I met an old boy on the road a year or so back. Was pushing 80 I'd say. Said he'd worked his way up from 50s to 70s and now he was confident enough to handle the 250 all year round. Said many had come to grief on 350s as they were too powerful on ice. Anyway the pillion end of his seat was cut down and sealed up with tape.
        Said he tried to swing the leg over one day and it caught, toppling the bike and him caught under it. A young mother with two small children lifted the bike off him.
        Down he went to the shop for a fix and they cut the seat down for him.
        Then he confided all conspiratorial like, you know they don't charge me for servicing and stuff. They just say pay it off when you can and I drop them the occasional fiver. Don't tell anyone though, they mightn't want it known they were a soft touch.
        97 R1100R
        Previous
        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
          ...the pillion end of his seat was cut down and sealed up with tape.
          Then he confided all conspiratorial like, you know they don't charge me for servicing and stuff...Don't tell anyone though, they mightn't want it known...
          They're probably afraid of being prosecuted.

If I'm not on my bike, it's on the stand. Sounds like the old man was doing it wrong. Lifting it off the stand, then retracting the stand, all while standing next to the bike? I wouldn't advise that.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            Hey guys,
            Thought I would give an update on my progress
            POSITIVE !!! Keep the focus on you Trev ! 2 years ago my co worker had a car accident on his way to work. 3 months in hospital. Another 3 inpatient rehab. Hes back at work about 50%. Its a tough up hill road back. I give him a daily affirmation at the end of every day.

What the story on the DBag that hit you ?
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I am very glad you are doing better Trevor even if it is slow going. And I'll parrot BonanzaDave - what's the latest story with the guy who hit you?
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                I am very glad you are doing better Trevor even if it is slow going. And I'll parrot BonanzaDave - what's the latest story with the guy who hit you?
                Thank you to you both...I can’t tell you how much it means to me to get the support here.. and I know I can be a real a hole sometimes...
                the db that hit me as far as I know still does not know that there is video. The cops want him to bury himself. The last thing I heard was the cops asked him to come back to the station for a statement and he said “talk to my lawyer”... The Crown here will go after him... his wife has recanted her story... saying they “didn’t stop but neither did I” lol
                I asked the cops if they told the guy that his wife changed her story and they told me they did not because they don’t know if there may be a domestic issue there... I look forward to my day in court...if it gets that far. But with the damaging video I have, it’s very likely to be settled out of court.
                No signature

Comment

...and I know I can be a real a hole sometimes...
                  pfffft ..... hold my beer!

great to hear you being on the mend.
                  it's incredible you're even contemplating throwing a leg back over a bike imo. you got more cajones than me!

especially after a JRA incident! (cycling term ... Just Riding Along)

wishing you full recovery, and a huge shoutout to your wife.

(slow and steady wins the race. just saying)
                  1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Trevor
                    That brand new bike of yours needs to be ridden, along with all the rest. But they'll be patient, they'll wait for you. They know you love them. Keep on keepin' on, my friend. I'm looking forward to visiting Vancouver Island someday, so you can show me around.
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                      Trevor
                      That brand new bike of yours needs to be ridden, along with all the rest. But they'll be patient, they'll wait for you. They know you love them. Keep on keepin' on, my friend. I'm looking forward to visiting Vancouver Island someday, so you can show me around.
                      LOL....I thought you were going to offer to ride them for him. Help keep them in shape....
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

If I lived closer, and was allowed to actually enter Canada, I’d be more than happy to keep the gas fresh in any and all of Trevors bikes.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                          LOL....I thought you were going to offer to ride them for him. Help keep them in shape....
                          Trevor knows that he can rely on Mark and/or me to assist him.
                          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Thank you to you both...I can’t tell you how much it means to me to get the support here.. and I know I can be a real a hole sometimes...
                            the db that hit me as far as I know still does not know that there is video. The cops want him to bury himself. The last thing I heard was the cops asked him to come back to the station for a statement and he said “talk to my lawyer”... The Crown here will go after him... his wife has recanted her story... saying they “didn’t stop but neither did I” lol
                            I asked the cops if they told the guy that his wife changed her story and they told me they did not because they don’t know if there may be a domestic issue there... I look forward to my day in court...if it gets that far. But with the damaging video I have, it’s very likely to be settled out of court.

Trevor,I'm glad you had a video camera as a witness.I hope you continue to heal soon so you can start riding again.

Comment

Oh to be in the room when Mr. Dbag sees that video.....
                              -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                                Oh to be in the room when Mr. Dbag sees that video.....
                                Oh trust me, I would to see his face too! Lol
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X