No announcement yet.

I had a crash...a big one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going under the knife again tomorrow...last month I had another operation on my finger to repair a hook...tomorrow we are taking the pins out of my hip. My surgeon feels the fracture has healed enough to take them out....and they are bugging the crap out of me...they backed out about 1cm...and the tendons rub over top giving me popping ..it's gross!
    Day surgery...I'll be back to crutches for a while again...hopefully not to long as I am in pretty good shape again...I have been working my azz off!
    No signature

Comment

All the best tomorrow buddy. Your hip kinda sounds like my left shoulder right now except mine doesn't have any pins to remove. Oh well.
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

You've soldiered this truama very well Trevor, good luck on the continued recovery.
        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Going under the knife again tomorrow...last month I had another operation on my finger to repair a hook...tomorrow we are taking the pins out of my hip. My surgeon feels the fracture has healed enough to take them out....and they are bugging the crap out of me...they backed out about 1cm...and the tendons rub over top giving me popping ..it's gross!
          Day surgery...I'll be back to crutches for a while again...hopefully not to long as I am in pretty good shape again...I have been working my azz off!
          I hope them taking the pins out helps out Trevor. Keep us updated sir.
          Last edited by RustyTank; 12-09-2021, 10:20 AM.
          Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
          1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Wishing steady hands for your surgeon, and a great outcome for you. Speedy recovery, Trevor. You have lots of bikes that need to be ridden.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Thanks everyone. Yeah we will see if the popping goes away....some of it likely will...I'm not so sure.
              No signature

Comment

All the best Trevor. Good luck.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
                1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Good luck mate
                  1980 GS1000G - Sold
                  1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                  1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                  1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                  2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                  1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                  2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Trev,
                    have I missed it….?
                    you have “your day in court” yet? Accused make his plea….. and evidence presented??

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Trev,
                      have I missed it….?
                      you have “your day in court” yet? Accused make his plea….. and evidence presented??
                      Hi Dave,

I had my day in "zoom court" in July...he got charged with undue care and attention of a motor vehicle with a $750 fine and a min 6 demerit points. The Crown stated "we would like to read Mr so and so's driving record"....at that point i thought "they aren't going to read mine are they"??? Lol...anyway in April he got busted for driving without insurance! That's 6 points and $650....what a piece of work.
                      And the crown mentioned that the RCMP stated the truck was speeding from looking at the video...and the guy later says...I would like to address the court about me speeding...I know i was not speeding...I was doing 50kmph (the posted limit) or slower"....lol..yeah right! This is coming from a guy that didn't see a stop sign...then lied about stopping...but he knows how fast he was going...I was so pizzed off when he said that.
                      I'm just glad that part is over....
                      No signature

Comment

and the guy later says...I would like to address the court about me speeding...I know i was not speeding...I was doing 50kmph (the posted limit) or slower"....lol..yeah right! This is coming from a guy that didn't see a stop sign...then lied about stopping...but he knows how fast he was going...
                        What a prick
                        Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by RustyTank View Post
                          What a prick
                          Oh and then he asked for time to pay the $750...and the court granted him 90 days...started talking about his daughter in university and thing are tight. This is coming from a guy that I found out had his wages garnished for child support....yeah, he's a real winner!
                          No signature

Comment

Thanks for update Trev.
                            Sorry that I missed it.

Do update us on results of surgery.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              Thanks for update Trev.
                              Sorry that I missed it.

Do update us on results of surgery.
                              No worries....thanks for being interested, Dave.
                              I actually feel pretty good this morning...I'm able to put weight on it and walk with a cane...no meds so far this morning...just ice.
                              No signature

Comment

I'm able to put weight on it and walk with a cane...no meds so far this morning...just ice.
                                Well that is excellent news, no?
                                Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X