Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RustyTank View Post
    Well that is excellent news, no?
    Very...after the stuff I've been through, this should be a piece of cake...I just have to remind myself to take it easy...but my wife just gave me the "what for" this morning...lol
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
      The only way to get "...at least a few million" is if the person who caused the injury was rich, or if they had a really good insurance policy. Most people take the state required minimum policy, which ain't $hit. And you can't sue someone and take their home away, there are laws against that.

When the left turner got me in 2006 I got all of $5000 buck. Just enough to cover my out of pocket costs. Fast forward to today and my RH knee is a mess and I can't even walk for fitness anymore. It's frustrating.
      When I was 18 I ran a stop sign and was sued for $1.3 mil. No injuries on scene, but when she got home, her daddy cried 'whiplash!' (He wasn't even in the car.) $1 mil for the driver, $300k for "loss of the services of a daughter." They settled for $13k; my lawyer said if she was on their side, she would have got them a lot more.

Home yet, Trevor?
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
        When I was 18 I ran a stop sign and was sued for $1.3 mil. No injuries on scene, but when she got home, her daddy cried 'whiplash!' (He wasn't even in the car.) $1 mil for the driver, $300k for "loss of the services of a daughter." They settled for $13k; my lawyer said if she was on their side, she would have got them a lot more.

Home yet, Trevor?
        Hey buddy I’m home... day surgery... sitting in my garage enjoying myself 🙂
        oh boy those numbers sound nice but I won’t see that... it should be enough to make some good changes for my family
        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Hey buddy I’m home... day surgery... sitting in my garage enjoying myself 
          oh boy those numbers sound nice but I won’t see that... it should be enough to make some good changes for my family
          I can't think of a more mentally therapeutic place than amongst the 'girls'.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
            I noticed you weren't on this past week or so, just assumed you'd been out and about.
            I'm assuming you were ATGATTed up, so the injuries would have likely been much worse otherwise.
            Was just thinking the other day, it's a pita to get all geared up just to go down the shops and nearly didn't bother. Only goes to show, the local roads are the more dangerous for a couple of factors - frequency and familiarity.
            I've had a few close encounters with texting / drinking fools around here, but so far have escaped collision, and that's mainly due to half-expecting asshats around every corner.
            You'll find the major injuries will heal, but your broken finger - pay attention to how that sets; small ones like that get overlooked and it might set crooked.
            Heal soon, buddy.

Lol...well you are right about the finger! Crooked and I'm going in for a 3rd surgery on Jan 17th.

Update....we settled with ICBC a couple of weeks ago....would have liked more money (who wouldn't lol) but I'm happy that I will continue to have a good life..it could have been worse.
            I have worked my azz off to get better, We had to give a finial tally to insurance for health care appointments....ICBC has been great to deal with....not a single cent out of my pocket..in fact I even got paid milage to and from my appointments....to this day in 2 years 4 months I have gone to 562 appointments....physio I still do,
            I get paid out but I continue to get all my healthcare paid for for life...as long as my doctor says it's related to my accident.
            I feel very blessed.

Oh question...I have video of the crash....now that the case is over I can share it....anyone interested? Cheers
            No signature

Comment

[/B]

Oh question...I have video of the crash....now that the case is over I can share it....anyone interested? Cheers
              Uh, yeah.........

Comment

I do, but I don’t- want to see the video. Does that make sense?
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                  I do, but I don’t- want to see the video. Does that make sense?
                  Perfect sense..........
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Perfect sense..........
                    Most rides, today included, I see a trailer for that movie...
                    97 R1100R
                    Previous
                    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Absolutely not, nope, no way. I have too many high-def crunch-o-vision crash movies in my head already.
                      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

[/B]

Lol...well you are right about the finger! Crooked and I'm going in for a 3rd surgery on Jan 17th.

Update....we settled with ICBC a couple of weeks ago....would have liked more money (who wouldn't lol) but I'm happy that I will continue to have a good life..it could have been worse.
                        I have worked my azz off to get better, We had to give a finial tally to insurance for health care appointments....ICBC has been great to deal with....not a single cent out of my pocket..in fact I even got paid milage to and from my appointments....to this day in 2 years 4 months I have gone to 562 appointments....physio I still do,
                        I get paid out but I continue to get all my healthcare paid for for life...as long as my doctor says it's related to my accident.
                        I feel very blessed.

Hell yes share it.
                        1983 GS 550 LD
                        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                          Absolutely not, nope, no way. I have too many high-def crunch-o-vision crash movies in my head already.
                          Ya. What he said.
                          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post

Hell yes share it.
                            I'm just waiting to get the original video back from my lawyer and I will....
                            No signature

Comment

Well I'm a bit curious I suppose. If we can learn something it would be worth it.
                              2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                              82 gs1100L probably the next project
                              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

I'm just waiting to get the original video back from my lawyer and I will....
                                YouTube and monetize. How's the bike doing.
                                the squeamish on here are surprising. Isle of Mann coverage must terrify them.
                                how's the bike doing?
                                1983 GS 550 LD
                                2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Working...
                                X