No announcement yet.

I had a crash...a big one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch bike crash videos all the time. Hits different when you know the guy. I never met Trevor in person, but we've had enough interaction on here that I feel like I have, and consider him a friend.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post

YouTube and monetize. How's the bike doing.
      the squeamish on here are surprising. Isle of Mann coverage must terrify them.
      how's the bike doing?
      The bike was totalled.

No signature

Comment

Trevor, kudos to you for getting back in the saddle after this wreck. Sounds like your hard work at rehab has been well worth the effort.

My mom-in-law was in a bad spot underneath a "runaway" SUV a few years ago. Similarly to your situation, after a couple of major surgeries and countless hours of physical therapy her recovery has exceeded Dr's expectations.

As far as the video, I'm kinda like Rich. I want to see it, but don't. Saw a video of a friend's head on collision with another bike at highway speed. Thankfully the audio was down. Now I can't unsee that moment.

FWIW, sometimes I watch other riders pass by and just feel in my gut that a car will pull out in their lane, or something, whatever, will happen. The thought is so vivid my heart races as if I'd already wittnessed it. Maybe that stems from seeing other videos of it actually happening. So, yeah, I personally would not want to see it.

Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Had the finger surgery 3 weeks ago....been doing hand therapy three times a week. another 3 weeks of wearing the brace to keep my finger straight....been driving me crazy as I can't ride because of it and we have had some pretty nice days here....I'm cautiously optimistic
          No signature

Comment

How can we see the video?
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
              How can we see the video?
              Hi Rob,
              I'm still waiting for the original copy to come back from my lawyer....but I do have a couple of videos of the video lol that I took....if you or anyone wants to send me a pm with and email I'd be happy to send it to you.
              No signature

Comment

Oh boy!. "Splatter Film"!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                  Oh boy!. "Splatter Film"!
                  Doesn’t bother me…and it was me. Lol
                  No signature

Comment

Yikes! I can't unsee that.
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                      Yikes! I can't unsee that.
                      An come on, it wasn’t that bad
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

An come on, it wasn’t that bad
                        Maybe not for you. Out there in your leather, flying around. But I'm on a couch...I lean forward, I lean back...it can get pretty hairy!

Comment

Ok I've never tried to post a video from my photobucket before...not sure if it will work

No signature

Comment

Obviously not working....but interesting still shot shows me at the stop sign line. The truck that hits me is not even in the frame yet coming from my left
                            No signature

Comment

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

No signature

Comment

Working...
                              X