X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

No signature

Comment

Oof. Thats tough to watch. Very good that you were wearing all the gear, or could have added to your already extensive injuries, or worse. Interesting that you tried to stand up. Whenever I even think about just popping out to the store or work(which is very local) without gearing up, I think about videos like this. Nothing at all you could have done here. Glad you’re well now.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Thanks Trevor, I will have that video playing in my head for the next * months when approaching an intersection.... Your sanguine manner serves you well.
        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

That's a brutal hit. How well do you feel you have healed overall, Trevor?
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Ford guy needs to be put in a box and dropped in the great salt sea.
            no defense for truck but those cars seem to be illegally parked on the road.
            what distance from centreline are they?
            1983 GS 550 LD
            2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
              Looks to be a car dealership/lot from the tags on the windows. Not parked on the road.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                Oof. Thats tough to watch. Very good that you were wearing all the gear, or could have added to your already extensive injuries, or worse. Interesting that you tried to stand up. Whenever I even think about just popping out to the store or work(which is very local) without gearing up, I think about videos like this. Nothing at all you could have done here. Glad you’re well now.
                I was not wearing my usual riding pants or boots....I was wearing jeans and Blundstone boots.....I did have on a leather jacket with D30 armour in the back and arms and of course a full face Shoei helmet.
                I only had jeans on because it was "just a quick ride after dinner" lesson leaned as I always wear proper pants and motorcycle boots now.
                If I had been wearing my motorcycle pants perhaps I would have avoided the broken hip because mine have armour in the hip.

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                Thanks Trevor, I will have that video playing in my head for the next * months when approaching an intersection.... Your sanguine manner serves you well.
                Yes, I approach intersections with four way stops a little differently now...I had to look up "sanguine" ....thanks for that.

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                That's a brutal hit. How well do you feel you have healed overall, Trevor?
                I think I have healed remarkably well.....my hip feels like nothing happened to it...ribs are all healed....no issues with the collapsed lung....the broken collar bone is giving me some shoulder issues but I am getting some calcium build up taken out in a week from now.
                The broken baby finger has been the hardest injury to overcome....funny because I was in the hospital for 3 days before we knew it was broken...lots of other stuff to be worried about at the time I guess lol...as I said here I had a third surgery on it almost 4 weeks ago....doing hand therapy again 3 times a week and wearing a brace to prevent the finger from "hooking" again.
                But the reason I'm doing as well as I am is because I put in the work to get better. Over 600 appointment in just over two years. Not counting me averaging 2-3 times a week in the gym on my own. Those first few months were pretty brutal.... My lawyer said after we settled that in almost 40 years of practicing, he has never had a client put in the work that I did....he said it made is job easy.
                It's funny...I had a scary drug addiction 15 years ago and I leaned on that experience of recovering from my addiction it in how I approached my injury recovery. You have to to be dedicated to putting in the work. I'm very proud of both accomplishments.
                I'm also thankful that I have a job that allowed me to do all the rehab necessary....I never lost one days pay.....I was even able to work while I was in the hospital for 11 days. Much to the chagrin of my nurses and doctors....lol
                In short, this accident gave me an opportunity to learn more about myself. I was in good shape before the accident, going to the gym a lot and seeing a personal trainer....doctors said that helped in me not being hurt worse and in my recovery. I may be in better shape now then anytime in my life.....And of course I have to thank my wife.....she was and is my rock of support. I couldn't even wipe my own azz for two months....lol....I'm also thankful she never asked me to stop riding and that the thought never crossed my mind either,,,,Motorcycling means so much to me....almost all my close friends have been met through this amazing hobby.....it has kept me grounded.
                I also know this could have been a lot worse....if I was a millionth of a second earlier I would have been hit by the front of the truck..probably at least losing my left leg.

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                Yeah the used car lot on the corner is a problem. When I approached the intersection and looked to my left, you can only see about 40 yards beyond the stop sign on the left because of cars obstructing the view.....so the truck was in the perfect spot where as it was far enough away that I couldn't see it coming but close enough to hit me in the intersection.
                I have thought about making a complaint about the car lot....but it was their surveillance video that made my case a slam dunk.
                As a matter of fact I went into the dealership last year and gave the staff and owners a generous gift certificate to a restaurant nearby that they frequent a s a way of thanks.
                They said the cops have been there several times since my accident asking for footage because of other accidents.
                Funny it was my son that went there and saw that they had video cameras....not the cops....the cops told me after my son got the video "we would have gotten the video"...lol....the dealership said the cops have never asked for video from them before my accident.

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post

Looks to be a car dealership/lot from the tags on the windows. Not parked on the road.
                Yep...car dealer....

I want to thank everyone here for your encouragement and support during all this...btw the first ride I did in December 2020 (accident was Sept 2020) was to go to the intersection of the accident and ride through it several times....to get the "monkey off my back".....lol
                I put on 23,000 miles in 2022....I'm good.

No signature

Comment

Yikes.
                  A useful reminder to me to be doubly careful in low sun conditions, too.
                  There are a few bends on my local roads that I've had to take at near walking pace because the sun just gets right in my eyes and totally wipes out any hope of seeing a vehicle coming around the bend on the narrow road, as they are wont to do around here.
                  Last edited by Grimly; 02-13-2023, 09:13 AM.
                  ---- Dave
                  79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                  80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                  79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                  92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                    Yikes.
                    A useful reminder to me to be doubly careful in low sun conditions, too.
                    There are a few bends on my local roads that I've had to take at near walking pace because the sun just gets right in my eyes and totally wipes out any hope of seeing a vehicle coming around the bend on the narrow road, as they are wont to do around here.
                    Yep....the driver later said the sun was in his eyes...which it was....but he also denied running the stop sign for months after the accident. The cops withheld the video evidence from him...
                    No signature

Comment

Working...
                    X