No announcement yet.

I had a crash...a big one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f.....f....f....f.....f.....f!!!! sorry dude, no other words available.
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Like At least you are healing and still have all of your parts. Wishing you a speedy recovery
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

The bike...

My set up at home...

No signature

Comment

Sounds like the local cops really dropped the ball, there. Here, and in most countries around here, a breathalyser is automatically administered after an RTA.
          Unless, of course, the driver happens to be a local politician, or the pal of one.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Oof. Trevor, very sorry. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. But looks like you're on you way to healing. Will certainly take time. Good that your wife and son are taking good care of you. ATGATT definitely saved you from more serious injury, or worse. Silver Lining, I guess: at least it wasn't the Cooley.
            Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 09-19-2020, 03:01 PM.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
              Oof. Trevor, very sorry. Best wished for a speedy recovery. But looks like you're on you way to healing. Will certainly take time. Good that your wife and son are taking good care of you. ATGATT definitely saved you from more serious injury, or worse. Silver Lining, I guess: at least it wasn't the Cooley.
              Lol...yes of all my bikes the Bandit was for sure the one to lose...not hard to replace that bike if I wanted to...
              Last edited by trevor; 09-20-2020, 03:10 PM.
              No signature

Comment

Trevor,

that bike’s condition really has me worried about you.

It’s just an object (which happens to bring joy/exhilarating/pride in ownership) but it can be replaced.

You, on the other hand...are irreplaceable. I’m sure your family is reminding you of that.

I’m thinking this won’t put you off bikes altogether but GEEZE will I not take for granted at a 4-way stop that drivers will obey signs. I’m sure visibility was a key player (bikes are pretty much unseen by drivers) but also paying attention and a sensible condition before getting behind the wheel play increasingly to driver distractions. (I’m trying to say ONE shouldn’t drive in an angry/upset/anxiety filled condition)

Anyhow, rest up and let the family fuss a little. Their world was just tested and you my friend, are blessed.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Yikes, that made a mess of the Bandit.... quite a collision... glad you're still with us Trevor.
                  -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Trevor, many of us in up-country BC heard that you had been involved in some unpleasantness, and were naturally concerned. Thanks for opening up, and helping us absorb this.

You'll be fine, although likely different, after all this settles. You're too stubborn to let something like this get you down.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Runningdog View Post
                      Trevor, many of us in up-country BC heard that you had been involved in some unpleasantness, and were naturally concerned. Thanks for opening up, and helping us absorb this.

You'll be fine, although likely different, after all this settles. You're too stubborn to let something like this get you down.

Cheers.
                      Lol...thanks my friend... I really appreciate it. And yes, I'll attack this injury like anything I do in life...full steam ahead!
                      The worst part is the sacrifices by my family....
                      No signature

Comment

Hopefully the truck owner has decent insurance. When some idiot left turner got me in 2006 they had the legal minimum insurance which didn't cover $hit. I got a couple of grand for the bike and just enough for medical to cover my deductible.

Oh, and in terms of the truck owner claiming they stopped, how do they explain how the bike was sent flying 30 yards? That would be impossible if they guy was pulling away from a stop.
                        Last edited by Nessism; 09-19-2020, 03:51 PM.
                        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Damn Trevor, that really sucks. Hope things heal up quick.

If you have allergies, make sure you take whatever meds that work for you. Sneezing with broken ribs really hurts, especially if it sneaks up on you.
                          '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Glad you made it out alive, Trevor. Bike looks mangled, good to hear your injuries weren't as severe. I recently had some close calls with cars blowing red lights, luckily avoided collision. But it scared the pants out of me. Speedy recovery, sir!
                            1980 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                              Hopefully the truck owner has decent insurance. When some idiot left turner got me in 2006 they had the legal minimum insurance which didn't cover $hit. I got a couple of grand for the bike and just enough for medical to cover my deductible.

Oh, and in terms of the truck owner claiming they stopped, how do they explain how the bike was sent flying 30 yards? That would be impossible if they guy was pulling away from a stop.
                              in bc the minimum liability you can carry is $200,000... the video clearly shows he didn’t stop.
                              No signature

Comment

Trevor, so sorry to learn of this accident. Be patient as this is going to take a lot of time before you will be able to ride again. But, thank goodness you will be able to ride again.

So you have a lawyer, my advice would be to go for the jugular of that asshat that hit you. I really hope he has to pay a severe penalty for his actions.

Best of luck to you with the healing process. I am sending good wishes for a speedy recovery.

If I can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask.
                                Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X