No announcement yet.

A bit of blue smoke...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed, I re-jetted it with a Dynojet kit. It had Kerkers on it from 1982-2018, and had been re-jetted fir them. the V&H's flowed sooo much better it needed mo' gas!
    Just an old guy trying to have a little fun with my toy.
    1980 GS1100E

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
      Same as any other part.
      Lots of bikes with replacement frames, but the shops were supposed to stamp them with the old numbers and destroy the original frame. Sometimes that didn't happen and caused a bit of awkwardness if somebody repaired a frame and then tried to register a frame change on their log book.
      This was also back in the day where the GS1100 was KING. Lot's of people wanted to build race/drag bikes. Why this particular customer wanted just the frame is unknown to me. Maybe he had a donor engine. In any case, his loss turned out to be my gain. I have (over the two times owning this bike, his name is Burt the Bike, or just Burt), owned him over twenty years. He has never stranded me once (touch wood). :-)
      Just an old guy trying to have a little fun with my toy.
      1980 GS1100E

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Lane View Post
        I re-jetted it with a Dynojet kit using their recommendations. I do feel it could run a bit richer though.
        Originally posted by Keith Lane View Post
        Ed, I re-jetted it with a Dynojet kit. It had Kerkers on it from 1982-2018, and had been re-jetted fir them. the V&H's flowed sooo much better it needed mo' gas!
        Hey Keith,

Sorry I didn't reply to your first post!

I kept my original airbox and it ran great while in Alamogodo, NM.

Here she is when first put on the road in Jan 2013 and in May 2014. Hope you don't mind me posting on your thread...lol

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Same as any other part.
          Lots of bikes with replacement frames, but the shops were supposed to stamp them with the old numbers and destroy the original frame. Sometimes that didn't happen and caused a bit of awkwardness if somebody repaired a frame and then tried to register a frame change on their log book.
          What is this "log book" you speak of?
          In my 124 Spider forum, I've seen UK members mention log books a few times. What is it?
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
            What is this "log book" you speak of?
            In my 124 Spider forum, I've seen UK members mention log books a few times. What is it?
            Originally it was a folded thin card booklet with the vehicle engine and frame numbers on it. There were boxes for owners' details as the vehicle changed hands down the years. The computerisation of the system meant the old log-books were done away with and a simple issuing of a new document with the details supplanted it. However, the term 'logbook' has persisted long after that - for about forty years at least.
            Here's a typical example of a UK logbook, the Irish ones were similar until about 30 years ago.
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally it was a folded thin card booklet with the vehicle engine and frame numbers on it. There were boxes for owners' details as the vehicle changed hands down the years. The computerisation of the system meant the old log-books were done away with and a simple issuing of a new document with the details supplanted it. However, the term 'logbook' has persisted long after that - for about forty years at least.
              Here's a typical example of a UK logbook, the Irish ones were similar until about 30 years ago.
              Interesting....
              Nothing like that here, at least in the few states I've lived in. Only one of them even had vehicle inspections. Most don't.
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
              X