Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for air box boots for my GS750T, are boots from GS750 E and L compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for air box boots for my GS750T, are boots from GS750 E and L compatible?

Hello! I am working on a GS750-T from 1982. I am in search of carb/air box boots part no. 13881-45450 which is not in stock ANYWHERE. I many places have 13881-49021 the equivalent part for GS750 E and L, which I understand has the same engine. Are the two interchangeable?

Thank you!
    1982 GS 750-T

Cruzinimage.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Yes, they have the 13881-49021 boots for GS750 E and L, but not the 13881-45450 boots for the GS750T. I'm hoping they are compatible.

1982 GS 750-T

Comment

I replaced my cruininmage intake boots on my GS750 after one year. The rubber started tearing at the flange on multiple of the boots resulting in huge intake leaks.
        1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
        1977 GS550
        1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Try here:

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

Ed

EDIT: Post pics of your "T" here: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...nk)&highlight=
          Last edited by GSXR7ED; 09-22-2020, 06:33 PM.
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Thanks for the help all, I found them in stock at Bikebandit.com!

1982 GS 750-T

Comment

I find it very strange, and I just looked, that Bike Bandit has these but neither Babbittsonline.com, partsoutlaw.com, nor partshark.com have the OUTLET HOSE 13881-45450. But you appear to be correct. Good luck with Bike Bandit. Recently, they have been far from a favorable choice among the membership for online parts ordering. People have waited months for items that were supposedly "in stock", only to end up cancelling their orders. Communication from BB has been awful. May want to check with your local Suzuki dealer if you've got one nearby.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

The parts books have the wrong number in them for the airbox rubbers. Read http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...=Gsx750+airbox

The 750T parts book does have the correct number though and these fit the GSX750E
                79 GS1000S
                79 GS1000S (another one)
                80 GSX750
                80 GS550
                80 CB650 cafe racer
                75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Unfortunately, they are incorrectly listed in stock at BikeBandit so my order was canceled. I called alpha sports and he said "Oooooh, that's a rare part! If I don't have them, no one will."

Suzuki dealership can't get them either.

What are my options? I just can't get the air box back onto the carburetors!

I'm not really into pods, but at this point I'm just trying to figure out how to get the bike fully assembled so I can ride.
                  1982 GS 750-T

Comment

If those rubbers are just hard and not cracked/torn, others have used wintergreen oil, or some solution of same, to soften these types of parts. Haven’t done it myself so not sure what the recipe/technique is. Others have put the boots in hot water to soften them or heat mildly with hairdryer or very carefully with A heat gun. A little grease in the insides of the mouths of the boots shouldn’t hurt anything and will definitely help.
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

I really find it hard to believe, those rubbers are not available.

Good suggestion Rich...

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Simple green and water 50/50 mix let them soak for a few days they come out good and supple.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish_milchama View Post
                          Thanks for the help all, I found them in stock at Bikebandit.com!
                          A quick word of caution; bike bandit is extremely backlogged. They normally take about three weeks (depending on what you get) for your order to arrive, however ever since this covid business, it's been closer to three months.

Find your parts from another vendor if at all possible.

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                          I find it very strange, and I just looked, that Bike Bandit has these but neither Babbittsonline.com, partsoutlaw.com, nor partshark.com have the OUTLET HOSE 13881-45450
                          Not sure, but it's likely that one website is up-to-date and another isn't. My last parts order came from two different vendors because each one had some things, but not everything, listed as "in-stock". Who knows, maybe they do actually have their own parts warehouses; i'd just figured they all go to Suzuki for Suzuki parts...
                          Last edited by Cyco-Dude; 10-17-2020, 01:10 PM.
                          81 GS750L 16v

Comment

Dude. Re-read post #9
                            Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                              Dude. Re-read post #9
                              Yeah, I saw it after I posted, but I left it in just for future reference...
                              81 GS750L 16v

Comment

Working...
                              X