No announcement yet.

MotoMaster 15W40 Diesel Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As to baseball caps, there's an order of 100 in for a test run right now waiting to be printed. Red caps with "Make Orwell Fiction Again" the words written alternately in red and blue letters.
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
      As to baseball caps, there's an order of 100 in for a test run right now waiting to be printed. Red caps with "Make Orwell Fiction Again" the words written alternately in red and blue letters.
      Little known fact: before he said "big brother is watching," George Orwell said "Cat Diesel Power."
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Not trying to incite an oil thread holy war here but is there much advantage other than saving a few bucks to using 15W40 diesel oil vs 10W-40 motorcycle oil which costs only a little bit more?

Around here I can get 1 gallon of:

Rotella T4 15W-40 for $12.47 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Shell-Rot...-Oil/181236405
        Suzuki ECSTAR R5000 Mineral Motorcycle Engine Oil 10W-40 for $20.21: https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...e-engine-oil-p
        Pro Honda GN4 4-Stroke Motor Oil for $23.25: https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...ke-motor-oil-p

I currently am using the Honda GN4 in my GS1000 and given that it makes the transmission shift slicker than snot am apt to keep on using it.
        Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
        2006 GSXR 750

Comment

Further to what I said above about picking up oil deals as I see them.
          This may be of interest to UK / Ireland readers.

Free shipping to Ireland with Prime.
          ...and, on perusing the data sheet, I find it's wet-clutch compatible!
          Result!
          I was buying it anyway, as I've used Mannol before, but this is unexpected. There's no JASO rating on the package, but that's entirely voluntary, and it costs blenders money to put their oil through that for a very small market, so there are many oils out there that are actually fine with wet clutches but don't have the JASO rating.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
            Further to what I said above about picking up oil deals as I see them.
            This may be of interest to UK / Ireland readers.
            Nice one. I picked up 20l of 5/30 Mannol for the car. At that price I wasn't expecting much but it's holding up well.
            EXOPRO 20 Litre 5w30 Semi Synthetic Engine Oil SL/CF ACEA A1/B1 | Vehicle Parts & Accessories, Oils, Fluids & Lubricants, Engine Oils | eBay!
            97 R1100R
            Previous
            80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
              Not trying to incite an oil thread holy war here but is there much advantage other than saving a few bucks to using 15W40 diesel oil vs 10W-40 motorcycle oil which costs only a little bit more?

Around here I can get 1 gallon of:

Rotella T4 15W-40 for $12.47 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Shell-Rot...-Oil/181236405
              Suzuki ECSTAR R5000 Mineral Motorcycle Engine Oil 10W-40 for $20.21: https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...e-engine-oil-p
              Pro Honda GN4 4-Stroke Motor Oil for $23.25: https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...ke-motor-oil-p

I currently am using the Honda GN4 in my GS1000 and given that it makes the transmission shift slicker than snot am apt to keep on using it.
              wow! That's a deal on the Honda oil. If I could find it here for that ...but just as an indication, It's CAN$70 !for a gallon on Amazon.ca....(aboutUS$45)

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
                Nice one. I picked up 20l of 5/30 Mannol for the car. At that price I wasn't expecting much but it's holding up well.
                https://www.ebay.ie/itm/274189511207...&sojTags=bu=bu
                Bookmarked that seller, ta.
                ---- Dave
                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                  wow! That's a deal on the Honda oil. If I could find it here for that ...but just as an indication, It's CAN$70 !for a gallon on Amazon.ca....(aboutUS$45)
                  Yeesh...$45/gallon is robbery. What oil do you use in your bike in Canada which is reasonably priced?
                  Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
                  2006 GSXR 750

Comment

Yeesh...$45/gallon is robbery. What oil do you use in your bike in Canada which is reasonably priced?
                    motul and suzuki motorcycle oil are both under 10CAD /litre. Castrol motorcycle oil is 7CAD /litre; discounts for case lots sometimes as well.
                    GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

in my experience..none.
                      maybe some transmission related disadvantages, though more to do with viscosity than with " diesel oil "

the 1150 shifts much nicer with 10W-40 than with 15W or 20W a lot less clutch drag when cold as well. since then I've pretty much only used 10W40 motorcycle oil unless specified otherwise by the manufacturer. (ie Harleydavidson)
                      GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

^^yes ,(per Derwood's) and Canadian Tire has their own MC oil ..pretty much the same as Castrol in price but it sometimes goes on sale a buck cheaper...AND we have a huge selection of PickupTruck Diesel oils at fairly reasonable costs...Rotellas,Mobils, Re-branded (Canadian Tire etc).... the usuals, though the labelling graphics can be slightly different... and just possibly the root source can be different too in a few makes.

Comment

Working...
                        X