Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I went down yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by trevor View Post
    The RCMP came to my house today...they came to get my signature to release my medical records so the Crown can see them...my lawyer gave the ok...they still have not told the guy who hit me that they have a video...The cops are not impressed with this guy...I think they are hoping for more severe charges...right now it's "Driving without due care" 6 points and $500
    The cop is going to keep me informed...my lawyer liked her too. Right now my lawyer is asking icbc to pay for my bike and gear right away because he's releasing the video to them.
    That's bull pattootie ..... It has to be " Dangerous driving " which is a criminal offense ......
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

cowboyup3371 is offline Forum LongTimer Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

If I may ask, where is this video that you and BCCAP keep referring to so easily?

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
    If I may ask, where is this video that you and BCCAP keep referring to so easily?
    I think cap is probably the only other member to have seen it, as is Trevor's prerogative. I don't know that I, under a similar situation would want to share something like that with the whole internet. At least not until after any legal/civil proceedings are concluded. Maybe not even then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    I think cap is probably the only other member to have seen it, as is Trevor's prerogative. I don't know that I, under a similar situation would want to share something like that with the whole internet. At least not until after any legal/civil proceedings are concluded. Maybe not even then.
    I don't know who Trev has shown the video to. He has a quite a few friends on GSR. His comment to me when he sent it was I was welcome to comment on it here.... I can say as his friend it was traumatic to watch ....... The video is clear about what happened ... The angle is perfect to capture all.... That truck went through that stop sign like it didn't exist and though I am no expert on speed estimation I am confident that it was well above city speed limits ...... There was no effort at all to even slow at the intersection .......
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Hi guys,
    Yes I have not shared to video on social media... just to a few people. Not sure if I should share it that way because as Garth said there is an investigation.
    Garth you are correct on the speeding too... the cops said they believe he was speeding as well.
    All I can say is thank goodness my son had the smarts to go looking for it.
    No signature

kerrfunk is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by jsandidge View Post
    Not on the GS, I was on the sportster. Car pulled right out in front of me. I was doing about 25 mph. I grabbed the brake and the car just kept coming. I swerved a bit to the left and the front tire hit the paint stripe. That's when I lost traction and went down. When I started the slide, the driver finally stopped. Thankfully, I never made contact with the car. The bike slid out ahead of me and I rolled sideways a couple revolutions. I've got some rash on my left knee and elbow. A jammed finger, sore shoulders, a sore rib, and a sore ankle. Overall, pretty minor injuries. The bike has fairly minor injuries too.
    I went down in a similar-sounding event (except mine was gravel not another driver) on Labor Day weekend and it was a full month before my ribcage stopped hurting.
    You be good to you!
    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1983 GS 650GL (my fourth GS) -- 23,500 miles.

Gorminrider is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

I sure don't want to see it. especially as it sounds like there's nothing to be learned from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorminrider View Post
    I sure don't want to see it. especially as it sounds like there's nothing to be learned from it.
    I've watched it many times to see if I could have done something different to avoid being hit...nadda....except if I waited longer at the stop sign when I saw no one there or any reason to wait. Like Garth said the video has a great view angle..surprisingly it doesn't bother me to watch it...
    No signature

I've watched it many times to see if I could have done something different to avoid being hit...nadda....except if I waited longer at the stop sign when I saw no one there or any reason to wait. Like Garth said the video has a great view angle..surprisingly it doesn't bother me to watch it...
    Keep it under wraps....Law of unintended consequences and so on.
    The number of us here taking spills in recent months is of concern.
    In this awful 2020 perhaps all road users are just a little bit more freaked out and preoccupied than usual?
    I find empty intersections just a little spooky.
    An empty road is proof that I am missing something.
    80 GS850GT
    79 Z400B

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan W View Post
    I find empty intersections just a little spooky.
    An empty road is proof that I am missing something.
    My buddy and I used to ride the flat, deserted area just south of Lake Ontario in upstate New York. I enjoyed coming to an intersection and hitting the kill switch. Look left, look right, forward and back. Not another living thing as far as the eye could see. Like something out of North By Northwest.

You're braver than I am. Just seeing the photos of my mangled Sportster makes me glad I don't remember a thing.

image.jpg
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.