Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus, How many here have it & how bad

Default Coronavirus, How many here have it & how bad

Just wondering, If you don't mind telling. Wife tested pos. Sept. 29, me Oct. 5th. Neither have shown any symptoms (yet). They tell us we should be good to go after 10 days from our test date, but will probably test pos. for up to 3 mo. Who else here has it & how bad did the symptoms get. If we are contagious thru the computer, please delete the thread.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Iím sorry to read about your familyís condition and I hope you recover well.

My current job requires daily screenings at a single entry control point and adhere to mandatory mask requirements. I work in a sterile area and wear scrubs throughout my duty day.

Iíve taken flu shots every year since 1986...it was mandatory in military service and I continued it even after I retired because my PCM (Primary Care Mgr) on base recommends it.

My current job is at a hospital that recommends flu shots that are administered for free. I still take precautions because I work in a hospital and then come home to my family.

The reason I added personal history is because this is still a danger to our state...our country.

Best wishes to you and your wife for a 100% recovery. The next step in quarantine is a real bummer but you want to make sure you donít spread it to family and friends.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

The fact that you infer my non-acceptance is what I'm talking about. (31Jan2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

marvinsc is online now Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Looks like one of the guys who works in my area at work is going to come up positive. The last day he worked was Monday and the guy who relieved him saturated the area with Alcohol after he left because the guy was sickly.. I suppose I will hear in the next day or two if I will have to be tested.
    2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

I'm fairly sure I contracted it in May and the lingering effects have been dragging on me since. If it was the dreaded lurgy (and I never got tested at the time because the testing regimes were all over the place with no easy access or sense) I wasn't affected badly by it, but as I say the after effects are a pain in the bahookie.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Nessism is offline Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

I've read about a fair number of false positives. Needless to say you need to be careful but if no symptoms show up, that may be the case.

I suspect I may have had it in early March, but can't be sure. Waiting on current test results, since we went back to campus with kids last week.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

It may or may not have run thru our house. Very early this year, my wife, two sons, and a close friend of one of my sons got sick for a few days, not a full on flu, but worse then a cold. It passed, life went on.
    During the summer my son's friend had a covid antibody test and it showed that he had it at some point.

I had two covid tests in the last month ahead of two minor surgeries. Both good.
    I don't know if I'm an outlier, lucky or both, but I worked all year, all over the covid hot state with no problems.
    Last edited by dorkburger; 10-07-2020 at 10:18 PM.

When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

I still think I brought it back with me from a trade show in Vegas, end of January. Was sick with flu-like symptoms for a few days. Lingering cough for a few weeks. My 82 yr old mother who lives with us got the same thing that lingered for a while. Mom had a test 2 weeks ago and was negative.

My 19 yr old son at Kutztown University has been sick since late last week, Flu-like symptoms. He and his 3 roommates are quarantined in their rooms, he went to get tested yesterday. Should have his results tomorrow or Friday. His school has been doing pretty well, numbers-wise. We’ll see.

Interesting, I'd have thought more here would have been tested. There's been folks around here, like some of ya'll, have been a little sick & think Covid-19 but few went to be tested & none of the ones I know who were tested were pos. Reason we were tested, wife fell & broke her back, went in for back surgery, tested pos., after the excitement of the surgery eased up, I got tested. Haven't a clue where it came from, she works at Mid. TN. ST. Univ. & was screened every day until this happened. I'm retired & just knocking around the local community. I will be home taking care of her for a while anyhow, just hope nothing comes up.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

I got sick twice over the last few weeks (which is unusual for me, I get sick once a year usually, and that's a "bad" year), got tested negative both times, luckily.

Don't want to get too much into specifics or relationships, but a close family member nearly died. Hospitalised for two weeks, of which agonizing three days doctors could only give a 50% survival chance.
    (This has significantly lowered my tolerance for people whining about the enacted measures. Which was already low to begin with after seeing the pictures out of Italy).
    #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" Ė Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
    #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" Ė Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
    #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer Ė One needs a runner while wrenching