New helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New helmet

My helmet met the pavement a few weeks ago, doing its job and saving my ass. Or face. My ass got a little bruised, to be honest.
    Anyway, my wife said, "Looks like you just need a new face shield" and I said, "Generally you use a helmet for one crash only."

I just ordered an ARAI DEFIANT-X (white) for $540 shipped. Not bad!
    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Ohhhh. Arai's are very nice. Borrowed one once. It was so light, I hardly knew it was there.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

You should have waited till spring time. Now you'll be wearing your new helmet around the house all winter! 😅 Good choice 👍
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

So, are you saying there is a price on your head
        97 R1100R
        Previous
        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Good choice...I'll be helmet shopping soon too...
          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
            Ohhhh. Arai's are very nice. Borrowed one once. It was so light, I hardly knew it was there.
            I used to have an Arai. The helmet pictured above is HJC and it was fine, don't get me wrong, but it really just didn't compare for quality.

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
            You should have waited till spring time. Now you'll be wearing your new helmet around the house all winter!  Good choice 
            LOL, I might just wear it around the house! Not interested in spring time pricing for sure

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              Good choice...I'll be helmet shopping soon too...
              I looked at several online suppliers and found the best price at Dennis Kirk dot com

Comment

Arai’s are great, except for their wretched shield change mechanism,which I’ve never been able to get the hang of. But if you have an “Aria head” there really isn’t any substitute.
                I do miss my racing days, when the local Tucker Rocky rep would give me 20% off of dealer cost on them for one a year. They were almost affordable at that point.
                '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                  My helmet met the pavement a few weeks ago, doing its job and saving my ass. Or face. My ass got a little bruised, to be honest.
                  I was just going to say 'if your helmet saved your ass, you're wearing it wrong'.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

My head shape only allows me to wear an Arai Signet-Q/X (Long Oval); i'll be getting my new one soon as well
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I apparently have the wrong head for an Arai. I had one and it never felt right. Sold it a bought another Nolan. Nolan's fit me just right.
                      Current Bikes:
                      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

I'm looking for a new helmet. The Ari's a famous and pricey, but don't care for their graphic designs.
                        I seem to like Bell helmet graphics, and almost bought their Isle of Man helmet last week, but thought maybe I should wait and buy their next better helmet when I have the money.
                        Funny thing; when I sit down to watch a football game and see all those helmets, I get an irresistible urge to get off my butt and GO RIDING!!!
                        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                          I'm looking for a new helmet. The Ari's a famous and pricey, but don't care for their graphic designs.
                          The one I got is plain solid white. No graphics.

I dig graphics, but two things influenced my decision to get plain white:
                          One, I found one for five hundred bucks.
                          Two, I was driving down the road the other day, and a quarter mile ahead of me, two bikes entered the highway, and both bikers were wearing white helmets, and I thought to myself "I can clearly see those bikers." The white stood out, and that is what I want.

Comment

In 1982 I didn't get the the matching helmet that was suppose to come with the bike so I went out and bought the most expensive ARAI at the dealer. $100.00
                            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
                              Arai’s are great, except for their wretched shield change mechanism,which I’ve never been able to get the hang of. But if you have an “Aria head” there really isn’t any substitute.
                              I do miss my racing days, when the local Tucker Rocky rep would give me 20% off of dealer cost on them for one a year. They were almost affordable at that point.
                              Both my Aria and Shoei race helmets expired this year.....time to start saving......those and I really need a suit.....crashed last race weekend of the year and tore up my suit but everyone came out well......gonna be an expensive winter/spring.
                              1979 GS850G
                              2004 SV650N track bike
                              2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                              LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Working...
                              X