New helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tas850g View Post
    Both my Aria and Shoei race helmets expired this year.....time to start saving......those and I really need a suit.....crashed last race weekend of the year and tore up my suit but everyone came out well......gonna be an expensive winter/spring.
    Ouch, that’s going to leave a smoking hole in race budget.
    My last really bad crash, they had to cut the leathers off, and the Cooley-replica Arai was toast.
    Racing’s expensive, especially if you do it wrong.
    '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
      The one I got is plain solid white. No graphics.

I dig graphics, but two things influenced my decision to get plain white:
      One, I found one for five hundred bucks.
      Two, I was driving down the road the other day, and a quarter mile ahead of me, two bikes entered the highway, and both bikers were wearing white helmets, and I thought to myself "I can clearly see those bikers." The white stood out, and that is what I want.
      Exactly. You can't see the patterns when you're wearing it and to car-drivers, at any distance, groovy graphics are just indistinct camouflage against a backdrop of signs, cars, light and shadows...but a white billiard ball floating above the car roofs- everyone knows what it is.
      I often try to take-notice of when and how I notice other bikes.

Comment

Scorpion is my helmet of choice.

I tried on a Scorpion flip-front at the Toronto motorcycle Supershow.....Nothing else ever fit like this.
        There is an inflatable cushion inside that permits exact sizing. The soft outer covering on cushions is wearing thin, but I still love the helmet..
        The annual Supershow is always first week of January and may not happen this January due to covid restrictions, but I will be looking for a replacement soon.

Current version https://www.scorpionusa.com/product/exo-gt3000-solid/
        "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
        Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

I'm very happy with my recently purchased Shoei RF-SR, designed for upright riding position. Great aero dynamics, fairly quiet and light. Also aside of DOT & SNELL, it got maximum SHARP 5 safety rating. Highly recommended!
          1980 GS1100E

Comment

I used to be an Arai fanboy due to their amazing comfort but IME lately their quality has been lacking. My last Arai helmet had the padding falling out of the helmet where it shouldn't in just a few month's worth of use. Combine that with their high prices and the god awful shield change system and it had me looking elsewhere.

I settled on the Shoei RF-1200. It has been a game changer. It's SO quiet that most of the time riding around town I don't wear earplugs anymore. At high speed on the freeway or racetrack, the aerodynamics are amazing - no more buffeting. The shield change system couldn't be simpler or faster and the field of vision is noticeably bigger than on my old Arai. Also it's significantly cheaper than an equivalent Arai helmet. I'm sold.

Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
            2006 GSXR 750

Comment

Working...
            X