Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My newbie self and my broken bike

I figured about 100+ lbs difference. I'm content with my "T's" weight...600+ lbs is quite a difference.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

What is learned on a Forum is this...if what you write initiates a reply, you've made an impact...like a "canary in a coalmine".(Sep2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Welcome to the Forum. There are some wonderful people here... Until you talk politics... LOL...
    I hope you get it fixed. I also think it's a pretty big bike to start out on. I would suggest case covers, in case you ever have to pick it up! Also, saves your engine in some cases.
    I'm so very glad to see another female on this site. You are the only reason I have posted here in weeks! Good Luck!!!

She hasn't been around in a few months, I think.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Just as an aside, I have a student I've been working with. She's now 21 and from New Zealand. I met her when she was a new rider and wanted some help. Well, now she has 3 bikes , does track days and dirt rides, works on her own stuff. Last week she did her first top end overhaul on her KX100. Came out great. Bike rips. She's now helping other new riders, especially other women. I'm very proud of her.
    Mad
    83 GS750E
    2006 ZX14
    2004 KTM 450 EXC
    2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Maddevil

I love that kind of story !!! What a Great Blessing you give in helping others... 'Teach a man to fish..." Congratulations Sir!

Thanks Patti, I enjoy helping out new riders. I have 3 now that have gone on to Big things. One went from 1 broken bike to now 4 that all run. Other is now racing in MotoAmerica and is a riding instructor. Taking the official class is just a start. I think I can help new riders learn quickly how to survive on the street. And how to improve their riding. I believe that the more proficient you are, the more enjoyment you get from riding.

Mad
    83 GS750E
    2006 ZX14
    2004 KTM 450 EXC
    2001 Yamaha Big Bear