Tasmanian Devil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tasmanian Devil

For a sweet bit of eye candy to go along with the stuff we've been gorging on since October 31st, check out the BOTM for November...congratulations Bill Gregory! That is a well put together machine, and a nice pastoral setting.
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Now that's what I'm talking about 👍 excellent write up too! Congratulations!
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Very cool. One of the nicest restomods I’ve seen on the site. Anyone know Bill Gregory’s username? (Why is that info never on the BOTM winner’s caption?). I don’t recall seeing or reading anything about the build. Not a regular poster?
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Now that's what I'm talking about! The ultimate in air cooled cool. I can't even see the oil cooler!
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          Anyone know Bill Gregory’s username? (Why is that info never on the BOTM winner’s caption?).
          I have wondered about that as well, and have asked "the powers that be" a few times in the last ten years or so.

The other thing that I have asked about has become a reality, though. I had asked about the possibility of having thumbnail pictures in the gallery so you did not have to click on the link to bring up the full-size picture. In the event you were looking for a particular bike, it's MUCH easier now to get an idea of what each bike looks like.

Maybe, ... eventually, ... we might see the usernames added to the BOTM info.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I think you could have made a pretty good TV show putting THAT all together!

Comment

Does anybody know how/where we can see other pics? Even if not build pics, just a few degrees in another direction?

I'm just trying to see the slightest evidence of an air cooler. Anybody?
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                Does anybody know how/where we can see other pics? Even if not build pics, just a few degrees in another direction?

I'm just trying to see the slightest evidence of an air cooler. Anybody?
                Try this: https://www.bikebound.com/2020/10/13/suzuki-gs1100e/
                1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Wow!

That's AMAZING!!!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

No oil cooler?!?!

Comment

No oil cooler?!?!
                      Surprised me too.
                      ---- Dave
                      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post
                        Damn, that thing is fabulous! Makes me want to restomod my CB900f.
                        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

No oil cooler?!?!
                          Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                          Surprised me too.
                          i know the cams are not very extreme, but still, 1260 bore and no oil cooler? Does anybody know the answer to this?

Comment

i know the cams are not very extreme, but still, 1260 bore and no oil cooler? Does anybody know the answer to this?
                            Since no-one seems to know Bill Gregory's GSR username, if he's actually a member (do non-members get to submit photos for BOTM?) He's not on the list of current site supporters (which lists real names w/ usernames). So unless he decides to chime in here, we may never know.
                            Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                              Since no-one seems to know Bill Gregory's GSR username, if he's actually a member (do non-members get to submit photos for BOTM?) He's not on the list of current site supporters (which lists real names w/ usernames). So unless he decides to chime in here, we may never know.
                              Just amongst the brain trust that is on this site, is it possible to run an air cooled bike of such size and power without an oil cooler?

If not, how/where is it hidden?

If so, what are the tuning/building/shaping/porting specs that make it possible to run cool enough without an oil cooler?

Comment

Working...
                              X