No announcement yet.

I bought another Suzuki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least the new one will have a better suspension than 1980s bikes? and a durable exhaust system? And maybe you can avoid all the upgrades that old bikes would like.
    I'd guess that if you don't like them now, the looks would grow on you..one thing, the plastics might keep the crap off the engine and exhaust pipes, although I have noticed taking plastics off is an extra thing to do for certain maintenance things...

And ,when you are 20 years older, you might still be here with a "vintage" bike on GSResources! The rest of us might be gone, having our relics buried with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
      At least the new one will have a better suspension than 1980s bikes? and a durable exhaust system? And maybe you can avoid all the upgrades that old bikes would like.
      I'd guess that if you don't like them now, the looks would grow on you..one thing, the plastics might keep the crap off the engine and exhaust pipes, although I have noticed taking plastics off is an extra thing to do for certain maintenance things...

And ,when you are 20 years older, you might still be here with a "vintage" bike on GSResources! The rest of us might be gone, having our relics buried with us.
      Yes, the plastics...lol...they need to come off for oil changes....it came with an extra left side fairing...on closer inspection one of the clips was broken (today's side cover nipple? Lol)...my guess he just bought a new one. The guy I bought the bike from does not have a great history on the bike as it was his wife's aunt's husband's that passed away from cancer in the spring...he's just selling it for her...he's going to the dealer it was bought at today to get service history etc for me....so hopefully I'll know more soon.
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        Interesting evolution....35 years apart...colours are pretty similar too.

I gotta say that the old bike’s looks aged really well. Dare is say... timeless.
        Last edited by dorkburger; 11-11-2020, 09:13 PM.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Everything in life changes...
          No! There will be no changes! Kawasaki is King and that's that. There will be no liquid cooled motorcycles. Furthermore, bell bottoms and long sideburns will be mandatory.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            I gotta say that the old bike’s looks aged really well. Dare is say... timeless.
            It definitely gives me the feelies. 🙂
            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
              No! There will be no changes! Kawasaki is King and that's that. There will be no liquid cooled motorcycles. Furthermore, bell bottoms and long sideburns will be mandatory.
              Yep...

http://network-pros.com/bike/Bob21.jpg

sigpic
              09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
              1983 GS1100e
              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
              1980 GS1260
              Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                Yep...
                That's what I'm talking about! I saw that photo and thought,"I'm home!"

That guy's cool. Was it you?
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

My favorite pic of you my friend.

No signature

Comment

^ That guy would have had a much easier time getting in and out of my sidecar.
                    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                      ^ That guy would have had a much easier time getting in and out of my sidecar.
                      I have lost 60 pounds since then......
                      sigpic
                      1983 GS1100e
                      82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                      1980 GS1260

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                        That's what I'm talking about! I saw that photo and thought,"I'm home!"

That guy's cool. Was it you?
                        That was me. 1976 with my several day old KZ. My Mom had to co-sign....
                        sigpic
                        1983 GS1100e
                        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                        1980 GS1260

Comment

Funny how buttons and bell bottoms were popular then. Very Naval. Buttons on the old US Navy pattern too- you really had to be able to hold it in while undoing...!

Comment

I have lost 60 pounds since then......
                            Good on ya! Or, good off ya! You get what I'm saying.
                            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Nothing like the thrill of getting a kickstart lever up yer bellbottoms and toppling over at a light.
                              ---- Dave
                              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

haha! You evoked some very old memories, Grimly! The hem was catching all sorts of things and flapped hard too I seem to recall.

Comment

Working...
                                X