$1500 daily rider build (05 Yamaha FZ6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$1500 daily rider build (05 Yamaha FZ6)

So just making it linkable spot for folks interested in my little project. I picked up a 2005 FZ6 for $1000 and intend on trying to get the bike up and running for total cost of less than $1500. I will be doing the bike in sections I just did the front end (fork fluid swap, Wheel bearing inspection and repack, head bearing inspection and repack, brake pad and line inspection). That will be Part 2 of the multipart mini series I plan to release on Jedz Moto through the holidays.

Here is Part 1 of picking up the bike:

I think I'll have them release Sunday afternoon Until complete.

Best,
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Aaah, now the pics I saw tagged routine maintenance elsewhere make sense. I couldn't imagine why the front needed to come off maintenance.... those often overlooked head bearings....
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I'd like to know how you got the Fit so cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        Aaah, now the pics I saw tagged routine maintenance elsewhere make sense. I couldn't imagine why the front needed to come off maintenance.... those often overlooked head bearings....
        Next episode airs this Sunday, let's just say I'm glad I dived into the front end. Sneak peaks can be found on the Facebooks or my instagram. Thanks for following along with me Glen!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
          I'd like to know how you got the Fit so cheap.
          The power of trade in and negotiation.
          Also manual cars are not sought after so you can get a deal there, I really enjoy my new car. Way better than the stupid truck.
          FYI 2015 Honda Fit LX
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I enjoy watching your videos, Jedz!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

you have good screen presence.
              1983 GS 550 LD
              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                you have good screen presence.
                When you're on the V-Max.
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Did y'all see that Yamaha is discontinuing the V-max?

Comment

Yeah it's a bummer about the Max but no surprise as the fire breather of and Engine couldn't pass Euro 4 emissions and now even the stricter Euro 5 has officially killed it. I'll be keeping my Max for along time now that this news has landed.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Part Two is out!

Part Three will be out next Sunday and I will air these episodes consecutively every Sunday until the project is completed.

Best,
                      Best,
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                        Did y'all see that Yamaha is discontinuing the V-max?
                        What you talking 'bout, Willis?!?
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                          What you talking 'bout, Willis?!?
                          Yamaha is finally pulling the plug on the YZF-R6 and VMAX after 21 and 35 years, respectively. The WR250R dual-sport and SMAX scooter are also done.
                          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Nice article - thanks. I didn't know about the Caps Lock situation. And who would have thought a bike could be bumped by nearly 500cc and still be called the same model. Definitely on the bucket list.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                              Nice article - thanks. I didn't know about the Caps Lock situation. And who would have thought a bike could be bumped by nearly 500cc and still be called the same model. Definitely on the bucket list.
                              You mean, like the Goldwing?
                              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                              X