New 1980 GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 1980 GS1100E

I’m new here and wanted to present my new-to-me 1980 GS110E to the group.
    The tank is clean inside and she fired a few times with the choke so I knew it needed the carbs cleaned.
    I cleaned them up and wrestled them back onto the bike last night. Hope to get everything hooked up and ready for a startup test in the next day or two.
    Attached Files

Very nice! Long live the "Lunchbox"! Columbus Ohio, a lot of GS'ers in your aria. Do you go to the AMA Motorcycle Days? We should meet up. 👍
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Lunchboxes rule, but I could possibly be biased. Looks good, congrats.
      1981 GS1100E

Comment

Welcome and good luck with the new ride.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Welcome aboard, K.
          If your carb clean-up does not provide you with a properly running bike here is an excellent tutorial for a complete teardown.

What pipe is on your new ride?
          Gotta do something about the buckhorn handlebars. As in throw them far away.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

K, Welcome to TheGSR.

are a some members around Columbus. Some Akron, some cinci.

Tell us more how things proceede.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Welcome. I've had 2 of them in red. Rode the first one appx. 60K & busted one clutch hub & spun the rotor on the crank one time, not much for the abuse it went thru. 2nd one I bought cheap with a twisted crankshaft, fixed the crank & sold it. Great bikes. Like he said, looks like it needs some decent bars. Congrats & enjoy the ride.
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Thanks for the comments everyone. Looking forward to getting past this COVID nonsense and getting out and meeting some of you folks at events. I belong to the Columbus Area Vintage Motorcycle Group and attend their events frequently (pre COVID) on my CB750 and CL350.

Comment

Working...
                X