Ultrasonic cleaner size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultrasonic cleaner size

Is a 3L ultrasonic cleaner large enough to clean a single carb body? BS32 carbs on a GS650G. I might also use it to clean the front master cylinder and calipers.

Thanks.

Jim
    1981 GS550T (Long gone)
    1983 GS650G (Rolling rebuild is now a full rebuild.)

Barely, you will need to rotate it a few times, but a 6L would be better.
    2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
    2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
    1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
    2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
    1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
    1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
    1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
    Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

6L isn't a lot more expensive. There is a CO-Z 6L on Amazon for just over $200 Canadian. $155 US.

Jim
      1981 GS550T (Long gone)

Comment

I've got a 6L and it will hold two carb bodies at one time. It uses 3 piezo vibrating thingies. I wonder how many the 3L has? If it has 2 then it would be more powerful given the size. Mine took a dump after just a moderate amount of usage but an electronic guy from where I work helped me fix it. After that it's been solid. It's not super powerful though. I don't think it takes the place of Berryman's carb dip but it's a great second process cleaner.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I think the 6l has three peizo vibrating thingies and the 3L has two, I think I will go for the 6L. It will keep me busy over the winter. Not much else to do with all the Covid lockdowns.

Jim
          1981 GS550T (Long gone)

Comment

I got a used 20L cleaner from fleabay and I love it I can fit 4 carbs at once fully submerged.

Comment

Originally posted by P09luis View Post
              I got a used 20L cleaner from fleabay and I love it I can fit 4 carbs at once fully submerged.
              Which model did you get? I'm thinking of upgrading with Christmas gift money

Amazon seems to favor this one ... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072LTBWKV...ing=UTF8&psc=1

On ebay I see a lot of the ones below, but not much else.

Last edited by sacruickshank; 12-26-2020, 07:14 AM.
              Current rides: GS650L, GS550T, GL500, GL1100, Bonnie, Triumph Adventurer, Guzzi California

Comment

I have a 10L and I have been looking at a 30L. I always take the carb rack all the way apart, the O rings on the fuel transfer tubes will get you if you don't replace them. A 3L will be plenty big for a single carb possibly even 2. Carbs probably wont be the only thing you use it for if you work on a lot of different things. They are a great, and do a job nothing else will. If you have a wife tell her you can clean silverware, blender parts, jewelry and so on and you can make out like a bandit on getting one, LOL.
                1981 GS1100E
                1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

I was looking at the 6L cleaners on Amazon. They all look like they they were made in the same factory and had different labels applied.

Jim
                  1981 GS550T (Long gone)

Comment

The probably are. The business model in china is to let an international company in to manufacture a product, then the chinese setup a government owned factory nearby and siphon off employees and the technology. Then the original company is killed with lower cost copy's of what the original factory was making. I have seen that hundreds of times in china. Only the big fish are not attacked like this. It is a brutal environment to compete in. Consumers including myself benefit from low cost goods in this environment. That is the big advantage the downside is replacement parts are something that the chinese neglect almost 100%, it isn't part of their current business model. All that said get one if you don't have one they are a great tool.
                    1981 GS1100E
                    1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

just curious, ever try berrymans along with the ultrasonic? There is a fella on the youtubes that puts his parts in a bag or glass container with the cleaning solution and the ultrasonic is filled with water.
                      -Mark
                      Boston, MA
                      Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
                      sigpic
                      1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Yes it is a killer combo for cleaning. Berrymans chemdip and ultrasound works phenomenal. You can fill your ultrasonic cleaner with water and place a small metal can like food comes in inside the water, filling the can with berrymans. The ultrasound penetrates the can as if it wasn't there. I have a metal loaf pan made to bake bread in that fits across the top of my 10L ultrasonic cleaner, I use it a lot. You can put the berrymans directly into the ultrasonic cleaner, I do worry about the drain ball valve seals but it hasn't screwed it up so far. Watch the heat, I wouldn't go over 100F, I normally use 90F. Also remember there are two different types of Berrymans chemdip, There is the consumer type #0996, you get 3 qts. in a round 1 gallon can. The professional type #0905 comes in a rectangular can and you get 128 oz, a full gallon. Or you can get 5 gallon cans. The pro stuff is way more powerful than the consumer version. The fumes are strong at room temperature, as you heat it the fumes get worse. If you let it boil the fumes are comparable to sniffing a bottle of ammonia. Not that it smells like ammonia, it is just a violently strong smell you cant tolerate.
                        Last edited by metalfab; 01-10-2021, 03:03 AM.
                        1981 GS1100E
                        1982 GS1100E

Comment

Working...
                        X