My forray in the world of the Goose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My forray in the world of the Goose

I have been looking for a little bigger bike for the bride now for well over a year. We finally managed to combine her requirement for "cute" with mine for boring guy stuff like good deal, reasonable to work on, not junk. Oh yeah, the big one, she is 5' 1.5", and really has to stretch to get that last half inch.

Here is resulting Moto Guzzi Nevada 750IE.

Guzzi 2a.jpg

Wish me luck. By my standards the project score is pretty low, it really only needs a brake flush, couple dabs of touch up paint and some turn signals. I'm already finding that parts might be a little interesting.

Any leads on a forum similar to this one?

Cheers, Alan
    '82 GS650G 27k
    '00 GZ250 5k "Pocket Hawg"
    ('98 GS500E 18k, new project - moved on to new home)
    '98 GSF1200 39k, new project, fixed the blown out spark plug, waiting on time
    '05 Moto Guzzi Nevada 750IE (the Pocket Hawg's days are numbered)

I love Guzzis. Try guzziriders.org
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Ha, there are no forums like this one! The GSR is the BEST!!!

Seriously now, that bike looks like a cream puff and so does your wife. Hope you guys ride many happy miles together!
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

That's one of the things that's always kept me away from Guzzi, BMW and the like, parts availability. Nice bike though, I've considered that same model a time or two myself.
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

See if there's a Guzzi club nearby.

Also, is there a Guzzi dealer anywhere near you?
          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
          2007 DRz 400S
          1999 ATK 490ES
          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

No nearby Guzzi dealers.

Wish us luck, paid PA $280 for title and plate. The kid at the notary was unaware of the healing power of VT title/registration. Fortunately, an older guy took it in stride.
            '82 GS650G 27k
            '00 GZ250 5k "Pocket Hawg"
            ('98 GS500E 18k, new project - moved on to new home)
            '98 GSF1200 39k, new project, fixed the blown out spark plug, waiting on time
            '05 Moto Guzzi Nevada 750IE (the Pocket Hawg's days are numbered)

Comment

Alan,

Have a look at the GuzziTech.com forum
              It offered excellent support when I had my 1200 Norge GT. I still go in there every day just for a look.

Greg
              2016 BMW F700GS - everyday ride
              1979 GS1000SN - resto project, recently gone
              1987 Honda GB400TT - latest resto project

Comment

Guzzis are the kind of bikes you work on yourself, not much need for a dealer. I don't get where parts are hard to come by, they are eezy-peezy. Been playing with Guzzis since 1984, and I guarantee she will love that thing. The Wild Goose forum for Moto Guzzi is very much like it is here.

Comment

Guzzis are the kind of bikes you work on yourself, not much need for a dealer. I don't get where parts are hard to come by, they are eezy-peezy. Been playing with Guzzis since 1984, and I guarantee she will love that thing. The Wild Goose forum for Moto Guzzi is very much like it is in here

Comment

Working...
                  X