Centerstand stop for GS1100E - need pic or info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Centerstand stop for GS1100E - need pic or info

I really like having a centerstand but since my bike has the high pipe out of the turbo, the stand hits the chain, so it's temporarily off. When I'm riding it I think it's not contacting much, if any, but when rolling around without me on it, it scrapes. So I think just a bit of extra clearance would help.

I have read in the past messages here that V&H provided a stop with their 4/1 which is just a simple device that bolts 'somewhere' underneath and does the job. Same thing would work for mine I'm sure, but I don't know where it would mount to the bike, what it looks like etc. Anyone have one of these and can share a pic?
    Last edited by oldGSfan; 11-30-2020, 08:20 PM.
    Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
    '79 GS100E
    Other non Suzuki bikes

Sorry, I can't do pictures. It's pretty simple. A metal or alum. strap appx. 3/4" wide & appx. 7" long. hole in top end to mount to inside of rear foot peg mount, bent in a slight bow to go around inside of pipe, then bottom catches on center stand. I think the one from V&H had two 45 degree bends to make it miss the inside of the pipe.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

OK thanks that helps.

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
      Sorry, I can't do pictures. It's pretty simple. A metal or alum. strap appx. 3/4" wide & appx. 7" long. hole in top end to mount to inside of rear foot peg mount, bent in a slight bow to go around inside of pipe, then bottom catches on center stand. I think the one from V&H had two 45 degree bends to make it miss the inside of the pipe.
      Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
      '79 GS100E
      Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Anyone here running the above combo? If so what are you using for a stop for stand when it's in the up position? Thanks.
        The Three Horsemen
        '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
        '83 GS1100ES
        ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
        Porkchop Express

Comment

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post
          I really like having a centerstand but since my bike has the high pipe out of the turbo, the stand hits the chain, so it's temporarily off. When I'm riding it I think it's not contacting much, if any, but when rolling around without me on it, it scrapes. So I think just a bit of extra clearance would help.

I have read in the past messages here that V&H provided a stop with their 4/1 which is just a simple device that bolts 'somewhere' underneath and does the job. Same thing would work for mine I'm sure, but I don't know where it would mount to the bike, what it looks like etc. Anyone have one of these and can share a pic?
          This metal bracket that connects to the rear left foot peg did the trick. Not sure if that's what you're asking for...but here are some pics:

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Thanks for pics Ed and link Greg. I was thinking something that mounts at the pivot would be clean and simple, not sure if that's an available part or a one-off. Either would be fine so I'll figure out which way to go.
            Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
            '79 GS100E
            Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

It was a part supplied by Kerker with their Super Street pipes.
              Nice and tucked up out of sight. Worked great.
              The Three Horsemen
              '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
              '83 GS1100ES
              ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
              Porkchop Express

Comment

Working...
              X