Big touring bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by red1100 View Post
    Well tomorrow I'm picking up an 86 Cavalcade with 56,000 miles. Supposedly everything working runs and rides. $500. Looks nice. I'll have more info by tomorrow night.
    This thread made a good afternoon study break. How did the Cavalcade turn out?
    '82 GS650G 27k
    '00 GZ250 5k "Pocket Hawg"
    ('98 GS500E 18k, new project - moved on to new home)
    '98 GSF1200 39k, new project, fixed the blown out spark plug, waiting on time
    '05 Moto Guzzi Nevada 750IE (the Pocket Hawg's days are numbered)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      '07 is a V-twin, right? Not sure if that would be any easier than the V-4, just not sure when the V-4 Venture ended.

V4, looks like a classic Indian style of bike.
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Funny thing, on the FJR forum, guys are talking about going smaller. As in a smaller sport touring motorcycle. After riding the FJR for three years, I'm kind of thinking the same thing. I went to the Triumph dealership last weekend and sat on a Tiger 900 GT low and loved it! It fit me like a freaking glove! Do I need two Sport Tourer's in my garage? No, well maybe... FJR for west of the Mississippi river, Tiger for east of the Mississippi.🤔
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

We missed each other at the meet up point so same time place tomorrow.

Comment

Got it home today. $500 clean title and I got collector plates with it.It's definitely a big boy.So I don't know the models so I'll have to read up on it.It has air chambers in the seat and air adjustable suspension but no cruise.I'm going to have to get help getting it off the trailer but then it will have to sit a few weeks anyway cause I promised my 40 Buick and 52 Ford pickup I'd have them done before winters over. So by late spring I should have the cavalcade done.IMG_20201218_135700.jpg
            Last edited by red1100; 12-18-2020, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Curious to see it, but "invalid attachment specified" when it comes to the picture.
              ---- Dave
              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

IMG_20201218_135700.jpgI'LL try again

Comment

Here you go! (expanded from little pic)

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Thanks for fixing the picture. Well I like this one but not too hot about the gray/silver color. So I'm thinking about painting it.I really like blue so I'm thinking about the brilliant blue on 60s Chevelles/camaro. Mid 80s 911s, mopar B5 biue and the like. The Suzuki has different shade panel painting on it but I would do a one shade. I'm going to go for a ride when the rain quits in the next week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by red1100 View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]62096[/ATTACH]I'LL try again
                      $500!
                      You jammy sod.
                      ---- Dave
                      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

That's a sweet bike.
                        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

That's a lot of bike for $500.
                          Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Yep,new tires,battery, but it does have one issue that has to be fixed and the guy has all of the new parts included.I,ll take pics as I go. He had no shop to work in and just gave up. Interesting situation I,ve never run into before.Plus my brother and nephew are coming over tomorrow to help unload it.More to follow.

Comment

Deals like that are out there, especially this time of year. A guy that keeps scanning the ads and is ready to jump and run with cash in hand can make a great score. I'd have jumped on that one in a hot minute given the resources (Like a home with a garage) Even if it's a dud it could be parted out and a guy would still come out ahead.
                              1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                              1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                              LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Thanks this one I'll keep, wanting to paint it a nice blue.Have a big trip planned next spring.I like buying bikes to either rehab or part out but lately the no title situation has made me rethink things. Last night I withdrew the offers I had out on an 82 Seca 750,two 82 GS750s, 82 GS 850g,80 CB750SS, all no titles. But I have a lot of projects right now so I'm fine with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X