No announcement yet.

Big touring bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the bent forks off tonight.This cavalcade is built like a truck. New set which I got with the purchase IMG_20201223_213313.jpggoing on tomorrow. The left fork has a slight back bend in it, the right slight forward.Looks like the lower left triple is bent also. I'll have to take out the stem and triples tomorrow.So I laid out the new parts which is the stem,upper and lower trips, both fork legs and this super strong brace.

Comment

New forks on today. The lower triple was bent so I used the complete new steering stem assembly that came with it. A bit of work involved because of the bits and pieces that had to be removed. Everything slid into place OK and tomorrow I'll repaint the black part of the wheel and install it. Waiting on the chinese express to get my brake parts here so it will be clean and detail IMG_20201229_212404.jpgtill then.

Comment

I reread the post and realized I forgot to say why the forks were changed. The guy and his wife were on it entering into his gravel driveway and he went a little wide and slid the front wheel into the concrete base of his mailbox. That twisted the forks and broke the fender brace. That factory brace was so weak I wouldn't have used it on a small bore streeter. So he bought an aftermarket billet aluminum heavy duty one. No damage anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
        X